Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Planer and Jointer purchase

Quote Originally Posted by bob cohen View Post
    I've never seen the hammer in person, which is a problem.
    Call your salesman and ask if there are any Hammer owners in your area. When I was considering an A3-31 purchase, my hammer salesperson gave me two people to contact that owned the machines and were willing to let me stop by to see them. I agree it's tough to part with hard earned money on machines sight unseen, so you owe it to yourself to ask the salesman for owners in your area. BTW, I was surprised there were Hammer owners here in podunk little tiny Vermont.

You might ask the difference between the Hammer and the Felder. I know the Hammer is the homeowner line, but my Hammer tablesaw is quite amazing. Certainly not lacking in power. If you really want separates, I have to say, have had no issues whatsoever with my Grizzly jointer and planer, other than having to push the button on the planer a couple times, after planing a huge pile of boards. For some reason, my planer motor seems to get hot in summer on hot days, if I try to run it all day. You would probably have the same issue on the import from General.