Thread: Paint Brush Multi Package...

Paint Brush Multi Package...

I used to go to HD and buy cheap brushes in a pack of 6 or so. They had wood handles just like the ones they carry singles of now. Anyone know where I can find those brushes in a Multi pack?

Try Harbor Freight, they have them by the box in different sizes.

You mean the white bristle cheap chip brushes?

Yes - Harbor Freight sells them by the box.
    They go on sale quite often BTW.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." - John Lennon

Thanks so much! I don't know why I didn't think of HF...lately they seem to have everything I need. There are lots of things in my shop that don't need to be "Festool" quality and these brushes are some of them. Thanks again.

If you are looking for cheap paint brushes for actual painting, as opposed to chip brushes, I get mine at the 99 cent only store. Not bad for a buck.

Rick

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Potter View Post
    If you are looking for cheap paint brushes for actual painting, as opposed to chip brushes, I get mine at the 99 cent only store. Not bad for a buck.

Rick
    Thanks Rick...good tip.

I buy the big box of chip brushes at HF, but I don't use them for any fine painting or staining. They simply shed too much. I use them for applying fiberglass resin and stuff like that where shedding won't matter.

HF does sell individual "professional paint brushes" that are pretty decent brushes. Usually they are on sale and I have bought the 2" paintbrushes for 69 to 89 cents each. They have a range of sizes from 1" to 4". These don't shed much and have plastic handles with longer bristles than the chip brushes. When they go on sale I stock up on them. For the cheap price I usually just throw them away after each use. I think they are on sale now.

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Gojevic View Post
    I buy the big box of chip brushes at HF, but I don't use them for any fine painting or staining. They simply shed too much. I use them for applying fiberglass resin and stuff like that where shedding won't matter.

HF does sell individual "professional paint brushes" that are pretty decent brushes. Usually they are on sale and I have bought the 2" paintbrushes for 69 to 89 cents each. They have a range of sizes from 1" to 4". These don't shed much and have plastic handles with longer bristles than the chip brushes. When they go on sale I stock up on them. For the cheap price I usually just throw them away after each use. I think they are on sale now.

Steve
    Steve, just checked and they are on sale right now...I'm there!