Thread: Made a dust boot

Made a dust boot

I was not a big fan of the dust boot that came with my Camaster Stinger 1 so I finally got around to making a new one. This is the first project I have completed that required fairly tight tolerances and I was very impressed with the Stinger's performance. I used 3/4" cast acrylic that was expensive so I cut a MDF prototype (on the table in Picture) just to be sure I had everything correct. Looks like it will be a nice upgrade for dust collection and bit changing.

boot 2.jpgboot 1.jpgboot 3.jpg
    Last edited by Dave Bonde; 03-28-2014 at 2:31 PM.

Nice work, I like that !!

I made mine for my ATC machine as well, actually for all my machines starting with my 99 CAMaster 408 (still working in florida) and my X3 (Now sold)
    Attached Images Attached Images

Here is my dust boot I made for my CNC router. Yea, it's a Mr. Gasket cast aluminum Small block Chevy thermostat housing. Picture does not show the brush that will snap to the bottom of it, but most the time I don't need it. It's height adjustable and works on my laser diode engraving attachment also to suck the fumes to the outside of my shop. I like something small to see the progress of my Hobby projects. My spindle is a variable speed 45,000 max RPM Precise Super 65.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    40 Years exp. Master Machinist
    The information I received here was of absolutely no value, so I will not be a contributor any longer!!
    Re-worked/Re-designed/Modified Servo K2CNC KG-3925
    Mini 445nm Laser Diode Engraver
    Kubotek KeyCreator/KeyMachinist Ver. 12.0 2D/3D CAD/CAM
    Picengrave Pro 4 + Laser Ver. 4.2.6
    PicLaser3D V1.0.0 -3925 and the Mini Laser Engraver