Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Software question.

Hi David I have been ill since the last time we talked how's things going ? Here things are quite ugly weather wise..anyhow today I was able to get back into my corel and laser anyhow I don't know if you will know the answer to my question I was able to outline my image with light because I wanted it to engrave lightly on my material anyhow when I do export I get and error issue about invalid ifs found I am not able to understand what that could be I thought I was doing if right anyhow would you know anything about that? All I'm trying to do is export it from export it so I can impor it to corel any help would really be appreciated thanks in advance Mahalo Nui

Aloha Rose,

I believe what you'll find you need to do is to save your files to be compatible with an older version of CorelDraw before you can import into LaserCut 5.3. I'm not sure how far back you have to go and can go with X6, but you might start with 11 and work your way up through 12, X3, X4, X5 until the file doesn't import into LaserCut. To do that, go to File, Save As, and look for a Version button (in 12, it is on the right side of the Save dialog) and select the older version.

You might also consider finding an older copy of Corel Draw for sale. I bought my laser about a year ago, slightly used. The previous owner told me that Corel Draw 12 was the newest that would work (I believe that X3 and maybe X4 also work). At least with 12, you can set up a little button in Corel Draw that allows you to send the output directly from Corel Draw to Laser Cut's setup/control program.

I spent 4-1/2 years at Hickam, from winter 90 to summer 94. I have very fond memories of that time. Did get to the Big Island for a short trip in 91.

Aloha,
    Roy

Quote Originally Posted by Rose Fruean View Post
    Hi sorry I was so confused myself let me explain myself better. Sorry for the confusion. I purchased my 60 watt laser cut engraver specifically to engrave fonts and outlines of pictures don't need the detail of pictures.
    So once I got the machine I was told to purchase corel x6. Little did I know that there was two different types the home and suite and the x6 suite. I bought the home and suite. So that one came with corel photo paint. So as I tried to engrave I didn't know all the things that needed to be edited and I had people telling me all different types of things from auto cad too dxf which made me very confused.
    So at this point, all I want to do is get a simple outline trace of my image. However when I try too import into laser cut 5.3 it won't because my laser cut was set up to be compatible with corel 11...anyhow I was still able to import images from the corel draw but once I import it into laser cut I'm not able to get the back ground taken out. I did ask around, and just got more confused. Sorry so long I hope you can understand me much better now. Aloha
    Roy
    CorelDraw 12, Inkscape, TurboCAD 19
    Homemade 3-axis 18x51" CNC router
    Vectric Aspire 8, PhotoVCarve, Mach 3
    EurekaZone track saw system