Thread: HDU Sheets?

HDU Sheets?

Does anyone know where I can order HDU sign making material in sizes smaller than 4 X 8 feet?

It's crazy how hard it is to find HDU. This is the only place I've seen that indicates that they sell less than full sheets.

http://interstatehdu.com/shop/catalog/browse
    Kevin Groenke
    @personmakeobject on instagram
    Fabrication Director,UMN College of Design (retired!)

I bought a 2 X 3 foot sample of 1" 15lb material from them. Delivery was only 2 days and the packaging was excellent. The price wasn't out of line for what I was expecting but the shipping was very expensive - 50% of the material cost. I am thinking shipping may be cheaper if I buy several partial sheets at a time but there is no practical way to find out. They don't display the shipping charges until after you have completed the order. I emailed them and asked for a shipping cost schedule but they didn't respond. I just can't do business on that basis. I was hoping there was some other mail order place that provides a little more pricing information.
    Last edited by Art Mann; 03-19-2014 at 7:20 PM.

This may help Harborsales.net 15 lb. 1" HDU $178. 4" X 8' they will cut to size ( they may charge ) and they ship for free to New Jersey
    Shopbot Desk Top , Stand alone indexer , Artcam Pro 9 , VCarve Pro 7 , Cut 3D , CorelDraw 11 ,Signblazer

Thanks Bob! I will give them a call tomorrow. That pricing seems pretty good assuming they don't charge too much more to ship to AL.

I emailed the guy at Interstate HDU again yesterday and he got back to me saying he could have shipped me twice the material for the same shipping cost. I kind of thought that is the way it might be. They really do go to a lot of trouble to ship a piece of foam that is perfect but packaging two pieces is just as cheap as packaging one piece. He said to just email him directly to get a quote that includes the shipping cost.

Right now, i am just experimenting with HDU to see how I like it and to see whether I can develop products using it that will sell at a profit. If I decide to start using it a lot, I am going to have to identify a local source.