Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Start&end elipse on Shenhui

Start&end elipse on Shenhui

Start and end point are not always on same place. How can I resolve this problem.

P2277911.jpg
    Epilog Mini 24/35W, Shenhui 600x900/80W RECI, CNC WK1325, Galvo Fiber 10W

If you zoom in really close, can you see if there are extra nodes there? If so, eliminate the extras.
    Epilog Mini 18/25w & 35w, Mac and Vaio, Corel x3, typical art toys, airbrush... I'm a Laserhead, my husband is a Neanderthal - go figure

Red Coin Mah Jong

My Epilog has been doing that for the last 9 years - Tech Support could not suggest a solution, even after my local dealer sent them samples.

It can be minimised (but not completely eliminated) by adjusting the belt tensions and ensuring that the X cross beam is exactly square to the Y axis.
    Epilog Legend 32EX 60W

Precision Prototypes, Romsey, UK

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Hunter View Post
    My Epilog has been doing that for the last 9 years - Tech Support could not suggest a solution, even after my local dealer sent them samples.

It can be minimised (but not completely eliminated) by adjusting the belt tensions and ensuring that the X cross beam is exactly square to the Y axis.
    On the Universal it's a sign that the bearings and pulleys are worn. On it, you buy a kit that comes with all the bearings, belts and pulleys that move the X and Y Axis. Once you replace all of them, the problem will go away. My guess is most people just replace the belts and it doesn't fix it. It makes it a little better, but doesn't fix it.

Some times you can fix it, and some times it's the plastic being melted and it shifts right before it finishes the cut. Cut a thin strip of plastic and watch the thin part pull towards the cut. That movement can cause mismatches too. I've seen that many times. You can usually change where it starts and finishes on an object to minimize it, but it's often a sign of too much heat in the part.
    Last edited by Scott Shepherd; 02-28-2014 at 12:19 PM.
    Lasers : Trotec Speedy 300 75W, Trotec Speedy 300 80W, Galvo Fiber Laser 20W
    Printers : Mimaki UJF-6042 UV Flatbed Printer , HP Designjet L26500 61" Wide Format Latex Printer, Summa S140-T 48" Vinyl Plotter
    Router : ShopBot 48" x 96" CNC Router Rotary Engravers : (2) Xenetech XOT 16 x 25 Rotary Engravers

Real name Steve but that name was taken on the forum. Used Middle name. Call me Steve or Scott, doesn't matter.

Step count on the Y axis is out.

Cut a square, flip it over and see if it fits in backwards. Do the same with a circle then measure both to see if the sizes are the same in both axis.

cheers

Dave
    You did what !

The step count being off would make for a wrong size part but I don't see how it would affect the endpoints not lining up.

I would first verify that the mechanics were in good order then you should be able to adjust out the rest using backlash compensation.
    Shenhui 1440x850, 130 Watt Reci Z6
    Gerber Sabre 408

I've had the same problem forever as well. Even the new Triumph does it.

Hard to understand why the things can perfectly line up a .010" wide vertical line while rastering at 50 inches per second in two directions, but misses lining up the last dot with the first dot by a mile while making a circle at 1.5" per second... ???
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

In RDCAM/laserworks use the lead in and lead out functions - will give you a perfect elipse
    Look in the edit menu - edit cut in property...
    Last edited by Rodne Gold; 03-01-2014 at 2:38 AM.
    Rodney Gold, Toker Bros trophies, Cape Town , South Africa :
    Roland 2300 rotary . 3 x ISEL's ..1m x 500mm CnC .
    Tekcel 1200x2400 router , 900 x 600 60w Shenui laser , 1200 x 800 80w Reci tube Shenhui Laser
    6 x longtai lasers 400x600 60w , 1 x longtai 20w fiber
    2x Gravo manual engravers , Roland 540 large format printer/cutter. CLTT setup
    1600mm hot and cold laminator , 3x Dopag resin dispensers , sandblasting setup, acid etcher

If you use RDCAM look at lead in and lead out. I choose arc with 5mm.

HTH
    GB

If one axis is moving more than the other the total travel of one will be greater so making the ends miss.

cheers

Dave
    You did what !

Well, I'm no genius about this stuff, other than I've been running CNC equipment since 1981, and it seems that vector cutting by laser is a typical matter of the machine moving to specific X-Y coordinates like any other CNC machine. And since the starting and ending point of any closed object is the same coordinate, a very loose belt(s) nowithstanding, there should be no variance of the start and end position. While this is mostly just a guess, I'm of the opinion that mismatched start and end points are caused by the head moving towards the next point while while the laser is still firing. The "Lead in-lead out" function mentioned above may be the way it's compensated for..?
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

Thanks guys, I will try with lead in and out. I was try to uncheck "path optimisation" and then is better.

On the picture it looks like your start stop position is at 6 o clock, that is the thinnest area. It is not unreasonable to assume that thin plastic bends when heated. If that is causing the problem then:

You could set it up to always finnish on the uncut side of the run, or move the start stop point 1/4 of the way around.

You could set up a vacuum table. mdf + silicon caulk + silicon O rings + tubing Make holes, counter sink a bit where the o rings go, then make channels on the underside that connect to the holes, connect the tubing. Each piece needs its own o ring to vacuum clamp it in place.

cheers Marty

This happens on all materials. On picture is some kind of textile. Yes, when it start/stop on left or right side is much better. But how Rodne says, lead in/out is solution.

I have experienced the same problem on my Shenhui (1200x900). Look at the gears that hold the Y-belts on the left and right sides. The gears are mounted on the ends of the shaft in the back. This shaft has no flats so when the gears' set screws loosen, they slip a little bit, creating this problem. The one on the right side keeps loosening in my machine.. I am still considering using thread cement on them. There are 3 set screws for each gear (1 was gone during shipping, I had to find a new one). You will have to tighten each to the max. Move down the gantry a little bit until you see the next set screw inside the belt , and do all three. Check both sides.
    Frederic Gagnon
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]LUMIFAB
    Becancour, Quebec, Canada

Shenhui 1290 80W