Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Woodpeckers Precision Square

Woodpeckers Precision Square

I ordered one through Woodcraft last August. Received word this morning that it's shipped.
    Chuck Taylor

Blog Entries
    Hi Charles,

I think you're going to like it a lot. I really like mine.

PHM

That is a long wait..... I like mine a lot.

It's a long wait for sure, but it'll be a welcome upgrade from the carpenter's square I have now. I know from reading threads here that a few others have been waiting a long time too.
    Chuck Taylor

Hoping mine will ship soon....

it sure is cool - one of those tools, like a lie neilsen handplane, that looks so pretty you are tempted to frame it, forgetting it is built to be used

Mine showed up yesterday. It is very nice. Can't wait to use it.

I waiting for mine as well , & I'm also waiting on the other smaller Model 640 and 850 Ultimate Woodworking Squares.
    I was using some contractor squares last summer building some large speaker cabs & never could get my cut to be precisely square with any consistency , come to find it was the squares ever so slightly off
    The 'Red KoolAide' is expensive But you get what you pay for , when the hardwoods & the exotic woods be what they are in costs , mistakes in square & being able stop the mistakes then that in it's self makes the 'Red KoolAide' seem not So expensive & a smart choice in the long run .
    some of the "One Time" tools look to be a excess in a $$ outlay but not these squares .
    I love my new 'Red KoolAide' 50" ruler & the stop
    Mike >............................................/ Maybe I'm doing this Babysitting Gig to throw off the Authorities \................................................<

Is there a supply issue or something? I ordered one and had it in a week.

10. Quote Originally Posted by michael flay View Post
    Is there a supply issue or something? I ordered one and had it in a week.
    we're talking about the one time tool square that was offered last summer
    this one : http://www.woodpeck.com/ott2616square.html
    Mike >............................................/ Maybe I'm doing this Babysitting Gig to throw off the Authorities \................................................<

In another thread one of the sellers of Woodpeckers tools indicated they were moving and experienced problems associated with the move. The move delayed production.

Quote Originally Posted by Charles Taylor View Post
    I ordered one through Woodcraft last August. Received word this morning that it's shipped.
    Did you order the 12" or the 18"? I see the 12" on amazon right now. I'm ordering one! I really need the 18" for squaring my MFT.
    Thanx,

shotgunn

-----------------

More is DEFINITELY more!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Dunn View Post
    Did you order the 12" or the 18"? I see the 12" on amazon right now. I'm ordering one! I really need the 18" for squaring my MFT.
    I ordered their One Time 26" framing square. It was originally scheduled to ship in December, but it was delayed several times, evidently due in part to the moving of their manufacturing operation.
    Chuck Taylor

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Riddle View Post
    In another thread one of the sellers of Woodpeckers tools indicated they were moving and experienced problems associated with the move. The move delayed production.
    Rich, I heard that as well but also remember that they moved to increase their manufacturing capability. Maybe we will see more permanent 1 time tools ;-)

Jack

Woodpecker is starting to get caught up. Repeat "starting to".

They are in the new plant, have the new equipment running and have hired additional staff.

It will be a while yet before they are fully in production and caught up.

Any of you who have ever moved will understand what is going on.

Tom
    I'm a Creeker, yes I m.
    I fries my bacon in a wooden pan.