Thread: I want one of these in my workshop

I want one of these in my workshop

Rodney Gold, Toker Bros trophies, Cape Town , South Africa :
    Roland 2300 rotary . 3 x ISEL's ..1m x 500mm CnC .
    Tekcel 1200x2400 router , 900 x 600 60w Shenui laser , 1200 x 800 80w Reci tube Shenhui Laser
    6 x longtai lasers 400x600 60w , 1 x longtai 20w fiber
    2x Gravo manual engravers , Roland 540 large format printer/cutter. CLTT setup
    1600mm hot and cold laminator , 3x Dopag resin dispensers , sandblasting setup, acid etcher

Good if you have cat problems i guess!
    L Squared Lasers UK
    2 x Halo Lasers 20 watt fiber
    1 x Halo CO2 Galvo System
    1 x Shenhui 1512 80 watt
    3 x Electrox D40
    3 x electrox Scriba 2
    1 x Electrox Scorpion 40 watt Fibre
    1 x Epilog EXT36 75 watt.

It's a "friking laser" in my worst Austin Powers voice!!!
    Jit Patel
    London UK

30w Trotec Speedmarker CL (Galvo) with 400mm & 250mm lens
    80w Trotec Speedy 400 with Rotary, Vacuum Table, Cutting Lamellas, 2" & 1.5" lens, Pass through
    Oki Printing Press
    Abobe Creative Suite - Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign.
    Vector Magic

Blog Entries
    Ooooh! That is pretty exciting Rodne! You could try this in your shop just by re-aiming the mirrors in all your lasers!! Wonder what happens if you combine fiber and CO2 beams all into one? Hmmmm.

This could make destructive warfare obsolete. The goal of a battle would be to laser engrave the word ZAP on the enemies planes and tanks and whatnot! Kind of like laser tag with an engraver! If you get "ZAP" engraved on your weapon you have to take it off the field. You could even do it with buildings! And with soldiers!

<grin>
    900x600 80watt EFR Tube laser from Liaocheng Ray Fine Tech LTD. Also a 900x600 2.5kw spindle CNC from Ray Fine. And my main tool, a well used and loved Jet 1642 Woodlathe with an outboard toolrest that helps me work from 36 inch diameters down to reallllllly tiny stuff.

I wonder if it will cut 1" acrylic and 1/2" ply well..
    Tekcel 1200x2400 router , 900 x 600 60w Shenui laser , 1200 x 800 80w Reci tube Shenhui Laser
    1600mm hot and cold laminator , 3x Dopag resin dispensers , sandblasting setup, acid etcher

Quote Originally Posted by David Somers View Post
    Ooooh! That is pretty exciting Rodne! You could try this in your shop just by re-aiming the mirrors in all your lasers!! Wonder what happens if you combine fiber and CO2 beams all into one? Hmmmm.
    <grin>
    Given the South African crime situation......there would be little left for the police to see if you installed it right -----
    60w EFI 6090 & 100w Z4 Reci 6090 G Weike Lasers, 4 X 4 CNC Router
    CLTT using Oki C822dn & Adkins Press
    Glass Sandblasting, Woodwork Shop, etc...
    V Carve Pro v8 & Photo V Carve, Lasercut 5.3, Corel Draw 2017 on Windows 7 and iMac (via Parallels), etc

My wonderful view from my balcony is being partially obstructed by vegetation in my neighbours back yard - he refuses to trim it ..I always had visions of mounting a potent laser on the balcony and swinging it in an arc to give the trees and stuff a "haircut"...

Quote Originally Posted by Rodne Gold View Post
    My wonderful view from my balcony is being partially obstructed by vegetation in my neighbours back yard - he refuses to trim it ..I always had visions of mounting a potent laser on the balcony and swinging it in an arc to give the trees and stuff a "haircut"...
    Dont do that Rodne, some one has a patent on a laser tree trimmer (true story) , you might told off
    L Squared Lasers UK
    2 x Halo Lasers 20 watt fiber
    1 x Halo CO2 Galvo System
    1 x Shenhui 1512 80 watt
    3 x Electrox D40
    3 x electrox Scriba 2
    1 x Electrox Scorpion 40 watt Fibre
    1 x Epilog EXT36 75 watt.

One of the fellows working on this graduated from our program a few years back.
    Center for Experimental Nuclear Physics and Astrophysics - University of Washington
    Kern 400W 4'x8' HSE with metal cutting add-on and rotary stage
    2-axis CNC mill, 2 manual mills, 3 lathes, other standard shop tools, . . . and a 7.5 MeV tandem Van de Graaff particle accelerator

It WOULD be cool to be able to cut an airplane in half in mid-flight! --an airplane filled with BAD people, obviously

Or, for those imbeciles who shine hand-held lasers at airplanes, how about mounting slightly de-tuned versions of this thing ON airplanes that would shoot back? Might be hard to identify a pile of ashes though...

Quote Originally Posted by David Somers View Post
    Wonder what happens if you combine fiber and CO2 beams all into one? Hmmmm.
    "There's something very important I forgot to tell you! Don't cross the streams… It would be bad… Try to imagine all life as you know it stopping instantaneously and every molecule in your body exploding at the speed of light."

I'd pass on adding a C02 beam...
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

I am installing one in my car to eliminate sources of road rage-will limit it to tires, and in extreme cases, the gas tank.
    Best Regards,
    George
    Laserarts

Quote Originally Posted by Kev Williams View Post
    Or, for those imbeciles who shine hand-held lasers at airplanes, how about mounting slightly de-tuned versions of this thing ON airplanes that would shoot back? Might be hard to identify a pile of ashes though...
    Been there, done that... sort of:

Boeing YAL-1 Airborne Laser Testbed

9401_20608123325.jpg
    Keith Upton
    Aerodrome Accessories
    Epilog Mini 24 - 60w

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kev Williams View Post
    Meh... just look for the newly-blind guy fumbling around and screaming due to his first-degree burns.
    Hi-Tec Designs, LLC -- Owner (and self-proclaimed LED guru )

Trotec 80W Speedy 300 laser w/everything
    CAMaster Stinger CNC (25" x 36" x 5")
    USCutter 24" LaserPoint Vinyl Cutter
    Jet JWBS-18QT-3 18", 3HP bandsaw
    Robust Beauty 25"x52" wood lathe w/everything
    Jet BD-920W 9"x20" metal lathe
    Delta 18-900L 18" drill press

Flame Polisher (ooooh, FIRE!)
    Freeware: InkScape, Paint.NET, DoubleCAD XT
    Paidware: Wacom Intuos4 (Large), CorelDRAW X5

Quote Originally Posted by Rodne Gold View Post
    I wonder if it will cut 1" acrylic and 1/2" ply well..
    it may also cut a laser bed and a floor under it. Finally a great tool to split a house/car for a divorce!