Thread: One goes to Hong Kong

One goes to Hong Kong

I have pics posted at a few places on the web, and a gentleman sent a pm asking if a particular turning was for sale. After finding out he lived in Hong Kong and some emails and wrangling I shipped it on Monday.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Good deal---some coins in the pocket always helps to keep the ball rolling.
    I am sure you will miss this piece but just think of all the fun you will have making the next masterpiece.
    ---I may be broke---but we have plenty of wood---

Anthony, what are the dimensions on that piece? Finish? I like it and see what you meant in your note about the flare at the neck.

LOL! Now Anthony's an International Star!! But seriously, your work is always outstanding, even in person... ...and I'm glad to see you're getting interest far and wide. It's a compliment to both your work and the great eye for material you have.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

That's very nice work on a beautiful piece of boxelder, Anthony. Congratulations on the sale!
    The less you know, the less likely you are to be subpoenaed.

Fred

Thanks all!
    Gary, though all my turnings get sold the fact that someone on the other side of the world found it and bought it blows my mind. The coin is nice too!

Carole, it was 7.5"dia x 9" the finish was the "oil of the week" (Watco) with a slight sheen.

Jim, I prefer "World Renowned"

Fred, it turned out to be a nice piece of Boxelder as that section almost was picked over but I thought I'd give it a try and even after the roughing it almost got tossed.
    Once again, thanks