Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cutting shapes out of 1/8 aluminum?

Thanks for the additional info Dave. That at least gives me some specs to be looking for.
    Keith Upton
    Aerodrome Accessories
    Epilog Mini 24 - 60w

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Outten View Post

I own a CNC Router that will cut aluminum with ease but as I said earlier it will leave a nasty edge that has to be de-bured which is not an easy task for the small parts Keith Upton needs to have fabricated.

Here is 1/4" 6061 alum on my DIY Joes machine I built. Edges are perfect. Not sure why you are getting those edges Keith.

Last edited by Mike Heidrick; 04-27-2014 at 5:04 PM.
    Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

Dave has is pegged. You need 2500W type equipment. Look up sheet metal shops in your area. Anyone with a laser on one of those shops will be able to blow through those in no time. They'll also be able to bend them up as well.

I have 2 suppliers of mine that do that exact type of thing. I see things like that in stacks all over their shops all the time.

You'll probably get decent pricing around 75-100 units.
    Lasers : Trotec Speedy 300 75W, Trotec Speedy 300 80W, Galvo Fiber Laser 20W
    Printers : Mimaki UJF-6042 UV Flatbed Printer , HP Designjet L26500 61" Wide Format Latex Printer, Summa S140-T 48" Vinyl Plotter
    Router : ShopBot 48" x 96" CNC Router Rotary Engravers : (2) Xenetech XOT 16 x 25 Rotary Engravers

Real name Steve but that name was taken on the forum. Used Middle name. Call me Steve or Scott, doesn't matter.

My son in law uses this machine - http://www.plasmacam.com/indexfla.php - for his metal artwork and hasn't had any negative results yet