Thread: Outfeed table Project completion plus a wierd gloat

Outfeed table Project completion plus a wierd gloat

Well over the weekend I finally finished up this project. I put the hinged legs on and attached some velcro to hold the legs to the table when folding.

When I started the project I did have a bit of a problem finding a good way to attach the outfeed table to my saw. In the end I used a relatively heavy duty channel iron that I spray painted with a very high gloss paint typically used for refrigerators etc. Hopefully that will keep it slick enough for the fence to slide freely on.

Obviously the best looking thing in the photo is my daughter. She is reminding everyone to practice shop safety and wear your eye protection.

The gloat in the picture is that big monster cup/mug I got at home depot. Its just what I have been looking for, something that holds a large amount of a liquid, keeps it cool and free from sawdust. Its called the "Bubba Keg" and cost me $7.

For those of you that are very detail oriented, that wood pile in the background is going to become a bench/assembly table in the next few weeks as well.

--
    John Cavanaugh
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by John Cavanaugh; 06-14-2005 at 11:54 PM.

Nice execution of the extension table. Looks very clean.
    Your daughter is adorable, and too cute for words.
    That Bubba Keg is too big. I'd be running to the bathroom too much to ever get anything done if I drank one of those full of coffee. Of course it could save the cost of an oscillating spindle sander, due to the jitters

John,

That outfeed table looks great! That is one of the projects that I would really like to get done once I get back to doing projects for me.
    Jeff Sudmeier

"It's not the quality of the tool being used, it's the skills of the craftsman using the tool that really matter. Unfortunately, I don't have high quality in either"

Great looking outfeed table but I bet your shop assistant did all the work.
    Kent Cori

Half a bubble off plumb

John, what modifications have you made to the saw top? I noticed what looked like a milled slot and a router table insert on the left wing. I have the same TS so I'm especially curious. Nice work!

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Hooks
    John, what modifications have you made to the saw top? I noticed what looked like a milled slot and a router table insert on the left wing. I have the same TS so I'm especially curious. Nice work!
    Keith you have a good eye.

The left wing attachment for my table saw is the BenchDog ProMax router table. It may seem a little expensive but the quality is outstanding. It provides a very nice cast iron left wing and the router fence (shown hanging from the bottom of the wing in the photo) is excellent.

I have been very happy with this product. On the right side of the table I have a standard Dewalt cast iron wing so I have a very nice solid surface to work from.

If you want to build a similar outfeed table etc let me know and I can send more pics etc. Also Im planning on building a side table extension on the right side as well. It will just be a small extension & place to store all the little things, like push sticks, wrenches for TS & router etc.

--
    John Cavanaugh

Beautiful! The saw/outfeed table ain't half-bad either!
    Wood: a fickle medium....

Did you know SMC is user supported? Please help.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by John Cavanaugh
    Keith you have a good eye.

The left wing attachment for my table saw is the BenchDog ProMax router table. It may seem a little expensive but the quality is outstanding. It provides a very nice cast iron left wing and the router fence (shown hanging from the bottom of the wing in the photo) is excellent.

I have been very happy with this product. On the right side of the table I have a standard Dewalt cast iron wing so I have a very nice solid surface to work from.

If you want to build a similar outfeed table etc let me know and I can send more pics etc. Also Im planning on building a side table extension on the right side as well. It will just be a small extension & place to store all the little things, like push sticks, wrenches for TS & router etc.

--
    John Cavanaugh
    Nice work I have the same saw as well and really like it. I too have been trying to figure out the best way to attach an extension tabe to the DeWalt TS. Any insights you have would be greatly appreciated. Also was the left wing replacement a straight bolt in or did you need to do some drilling to get it installed? Come to think of it I think I just want to clone your set up
    I can pay retail anywhere, so how's your service?
    Grabbing defeat from the jaws of victory one project at a time
    Maker of precision cut firewood

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Cutler
    Of course it could save the cost of an oscillating spindle sander, due to the jitters
    Too funny!!!!!
    Regards,

Glen

Woodworking: It's a joinery.

Nice work on the outfeed table. I like your whole table /router set up. Looks good!
    Corey

Michael,

The promax was a straight bolt on. Only thing I had to do was to enlarge a few holes to accomodate the larger bolts.

Ill try to dig up my original pictures when I started the table, I have shot of the channel iron and how it got attached etc.

--
    John Cavanaugh