Thread: This seems like a good deal :D

This seems like a good deal :D

Cruising CL and found this and this for $200. It's a Freud router table. Just gonna use the top and build my own base later. So should I or shouldn't I router.jpgtable.jpg Oh yeah, this will replace my existing Craftsman router table and router.

opinion -to much $ - table to small . wax a piece of plywood ,drop a router in it ,life is good .Unless you bought it already then "great deal" you can always use another router table .

Two hundred bucks and you only want the top; 18" x 23"? I don't see it.

Perhaps you would do better if you shopped some more, or for the same money built you own, bigger and better.

200 gets a pretty clean C-man shaper 'round here.

We have one,our smallest....only run one of two different profiles on it.A beading cutter and a roundover.They're somewhat limited by the 1/2 spindle....but the 1 HP motor has never been at issue.Something to consider?

Haven't bought it...yet. I've actually got an old piece of desk I was eventually going to make into a top. Guess I should look at the dimensions first cause that seems kinda small for what I'm looking for.

Long term has has always been to build my own but happen to see this. Guess the word Frued got me all excited. :-)

Am I the only one who sees a Milwaukee router there? If I'm not mistaken that's a pretty nice router and fence combo to start with. I actually have that Freud fence its a really nice split fence with dust collection and a really good micro adjustment feature. The router and the fence alone would be well over $300. Sure the tables a little puny, but all in all, seems like a nice starting point for an eventual shop built table. I definitely would, and I already own close to 20 routers.
    Last edited by johnny means; 01-20-2014 at 4:48 PM.

Ya also gotta remember that Freud routers are no longer supported (parts, etc.) since Bosch bought that division.
    I have a Freud router. It's a good one, but danged if I know what I'll do if it breaks.
    Bill
    On the other hand, I still have five fingers.