Thread: Private Messaging

Huntsville, AL (The Sun and Fun Capital of The South)

Private Messaging

For those who have not tried it yet the "private message" feature is really neat. It saves some unnessary posts and e-mails. Try it -- you'll like it.

An added feature is that you have the option to enable an e-mail notifting you when you get a private message with a direct link to the message.

This place is getting better all the time! ! ! !

<p align="center"> IS THIS A GREAT COUNTRY OR WHAT?
    "If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride - and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high - but so are the rewards" - - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant
    Ken Salisbury Passed away on May 1st, 2008 and will forever be in our hearts.

Hi Ken,

I haven't tried the private messaging yet. What advantages does it offer over email?

Rik

I'm somewhat familiar with this format, since it's identical to the one used over at The Arborist Forum site. The Chainsaw Forum is among a vast number of boards over there set up like this one.

How many posts is required to become a full fledged member? Do I have 28 more to go?

W.C.

Private Messages

The board is set to alow you a maximum of seventy messages in your private mailbox. so make sure you do some spring cleaning every now and then to keep things tidy and keep your mailbox from filling up.

Member status is achieved after 30 posts. Senior member after 100 posts.

How do you pm another member in here?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Lindberg View Post
    How do you pm another member in here?
    I believe you have to be a paying member to use the private messaging feature. Another reason to do it. That and the knowledge base here is phenomenal. $6 a year is a bargain.