Thread: Can't find a used 5hp Saws stop

Can't find a used 5hp Saws stop

Dang nabit, Finally finished a big project made enough to get a sawstop and can't find a used 5hp ICS anywhere. Looks like most stores don't even sell the ICS anymore. A local woodcraft offered to sell me there used one and I did not do it last year. May regret that. I've looked on all the usual used boards and nothing. I really want the 5hp.

The ones I have seen for sale in the variety you want cost $3500 used. A week ago there was one in Vermont for that amount. Of course factoring in gasoline, it would have the same cost as new. You're close enough to Delaware that you could drive there and pick one up tax free at $3800. If you're in Delaware, I recommend looking at Hammer/Felder to see if you prefer the safety of a slider to that of the Sawstop. Have you had the opportunity to use a Sawstop?

Keith, I'm pretty sure the Woodcraft down here in Wilmington still has the ICS in the store. And like Rich said, no tax. Your welcome to come check out mine, if you want to see one that's been in service for a few years.

I'l ask, but I'm in the wilmington store once a week, and don't think they have an ICS. I drool over the pcs but really would like the 5hp. I wish the pcs came with 5hp.

I owned an ICS and it was a fantastic saw. I had a 5HP which replaced a 3HP PM. I never wanted for more power with the PM but when I ordered the sawstop the first year they came out I figured that the heck, it's only $200 more. Having said that, the in my opinion the ICS is a lot more saw than the PCS and I would take a 3HP ICS over a 5HP PCS any day...joe

Palm Bay Florida, Warner Robins Georgia, and Nigeria, Africa
    I think Sawstop drop ships the ICS saws. Don't think retailers carry in-store stock except contractor and possibly PCS models.
    I will be upgrading my 3HP PCS with a 5HP 1-phase ICS later in the year myself.
    Choosing Windows 7/8 over Apple OSX and IOS is sort of like choosing Harbor Freight tools over Festool!

“They come from the desert, but it is we who have our heads in the sand.”
    Ben Weingarten

I got to get up close to the 5hp ICS in Downingtown PA woodcraft they have in their class shop. Great machine. You can't get the PCS in 5hp, so if I want that, it's got to be the ICS. I looked at the Felders, and I'm sure it's twice the saw feature wise, but out of my budget.

New England, in a town on the way to nowhere
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Jensen View Post
    I owned an ICS and it was a fantastic saw. I had a 5HP which replaced a 3HP PM. I never wanted for more power with the PM but when I ordered the sawstop the first year they came out I figured that the heck, it's only $200 more. Having said that, the in my opinion the ICS is a lot more saw than the PCS and I would take a 3HP ICS over a 5HP PCS any day...joe
    What did you replace them with?Do you still have the Saw Stop? How's it doing?