Thread: ABS pipe and organizing

ABS pipe and organizing

I pretty much have to walk into something or move it 4362 times before the light comes on that I should find a proper place to store it. My two Record feed rollers had been in the way one time too many. I like to weld but didn't want to really get into metal cutting and whacking so I looked around my shop and saw some ABS pipe leftover from my shop renovation. Hmm. I have a nice heat gun that I can set in 10 degree F increments (this gun has yet to earn its keep, must talk to the purchasing department, moderation please).

Okay, I realised that if I used a Japanese saw to rip a kerf into the pipe I could likely heat the pipe and repurpose it as a feed roller hanger. This was just about the right amount of work for me. Quick saw, quick heat and a quick bend in a vise with a couple of boards to shape things just so and I was almost done. Clean up the saw kerf, drill and countersink for fastening and
    install. My homeless feed rollers now have a place to hang their... Well they actually just hang. Good enough.

IMG_00000618.jpgIMG_00000620.jpg

I have two Johson bars for moving my bandsaw and my Minimax CU410 around, they were a real pain to keep tucked out of the way. I did exactly the same thing as I did for the feed rollers but then cut a slot in the ABS for the bar to slip into. I tapconed these to the wall and the Johson bars aren't falling all over the place anymore. Lousy image but the bar is hanging above the bandsaw and to the left of the duct drop.

Johnson bar.jpg

Heat gun still not paid for!
    Last edited by Chris Fournier; 12-30-2013 at 1:31 PM.