Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: The Project You're Most Proud of?

I have a couple I'm proud of.

David Turner
    Plymouth, MI.corner cupboard.jpgHighboy.jpgDSCN0380.jpgIMG_0753.jpg

Yep, I am definitely digging that desk.
    Jackbat

David, those are some incredibly fine pieces of furniture, especially that desk. It's a masterwork. I really enjoyed looking at those. Can you share any more ?

I wanted to get a better look at them oriented upright and, since I had done that, I hope you don't mind if I re-posted tham in that orientation.

Highboy (1).jpgDSCN0380 (1).jpgIMG_0753 (1).jpg

4. My first built-in project. I made the initial center section 1/4" too wide so I got an additional book case out of the deal.
    image.jpg
    image.jpg

James, I got the veneer from certainlywood.com. They did a great job helping me find the sizes and quality of what I wanted. I can't say enough for how much they helped in sending me pics and working to find the sizes I needed. They were extremely patient and thorough.
    Grady - "Thelma, we found Dean's finger"
    Thelma - "Where is the rest of him?!"

Quote Originally Posted by alex grams View Post
    James, I got the veneer from certainlywood.com. They did a great job helping me find the sizes and quality of what I wanted. I can't say enough for how much they helped in sending me pics and working to find the sizes I needed. They were extremely patient and thorough.
    Wow! What a treasure trove! Thank you for sharing. I always wonder how these guys get the logs for this stuff. I don't mean crotch. But the other types of figure are hard to find and identify in the log form.

Probably this hall table I built in '09. My company had closed and I had some spare time. It's a little clunky compared to some of the elegant work the SMC crowd does but it suits our Arts and Crafts/Mission décor. I managed to find some killer QSWO for the build and I'm really pleased with how the finish turned out. It stands toe to toe with some Stickley pieces we have.

Last edited by Rob Luter; 03-01-2014 at 6:40 AM.
    Sharp solves all manner of problems.

Waoww this is spectacular! I love it.

What a humbling thread. There is some beautiful work here.
    For even the Son of man came not to be served, but to serve.

Rob, that A&C table finish is fabulous. Could you give the details?

Thanks in advance,
    Chris C.

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Charles View Post
    Rob, that A&C table finish is fabulous. Could you give the details?

Thanks in advance,
    Chris C.

Hi Chris. Thanks for the kind words. The original thread is here with construction and finishing details plus a couple more photos. My plans are attached on the second page, post #24.
    Last edited by Rob Luter; 03-05-2014 at 5:41 AM.
    Sharp solves all manner of problems.

I have built a lot of different projects over the years but the one I am the most proud of is the one I didn't build. This is my son's work, he has spent a lot of time in the shop with me and I am proud to be able to pass my skills and appreciation for creating on to him.Brandon Chair-1 copy.jpg

Just awesome!

I live in the south but I'm from the north.
    I've built rocking chairs before. Tell your son he should be as proud of his work as his father is. Very very nice.

Thanks guys, yes Don I will tell him nice for him to hear that from other woodworkers.

Dave