Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My CorelDraw x3 objects turn to WIREFRAME if I try to copy/paste - WHY?

My CorelDraw x3 objects turn to WIREFRAME if I try to copy/paste - WHY?

I have looked and looked for a reason or fix, but can't find out why this is happening. Anybody know?

If I copy and paste an object, it lands as wireframe, losing all the fill and line info... and cannot be edited afterwards.

If I create an object and group the elements, it becomes wireframe and can't be edited.

If I have a grouped object and ungroup it, it becomes wireframe, blah blah blah.

What the heck is causing this?

I would really appreciate any help, after years of using CD, I have never seen this before and it's driving me crazy!

Thanks everyone, dee
    Epilog Mini 18/25w & 35w, Mac and Vaio, Corel x3, typical art toys, airbrush... I'm a Laserhead, my husband is a Neanderthal - go figure

Red Coin Mah Jong

? Dee, by wireframe do you mean hairline? When you copy where do you paste it to? I have x5 so can't compare apples to apples. I created an object the letter A and gave it a 5mm outline border, I copied it and pasted it to another page and nothing changed.
    Is this something new that's happening in x3 or has it always been a problem, could be its just x3 or maybe I'm just understanding the problem correctly.
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    8" bench mount 5 speed Drill Press
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

Are you working with layers? I have seen oddball things happen when I had inadvertently selected a wrong layer thru my Object Manager docker such as my Guides layer under Master Page
    I read recipes the same way I read science fiction. I get to the end and I think, "Well, that’s not going to happen."

I do have a few layers, mostly non-printing guideline and registration grids. But the layer I pasted onto is the printing layer, I double checked that.

Bert: when you look at the bottom right corner, the line and fill read as they should (i.e.: black fill, .5 line) but they look like blue hairlines with no fill. When I print, the other objects on the page laser okay but the "funny" ones do not print as if they were hairline.
    Epilog Mini 18/25w & 35w, Mac and Vaio, Corel x3, typical art toys, airbrush... I'm a Laserhead, my husband is a Neanderthal - go figure

Red Coin Mah Jong

Are you sure it's "wireframe"? When you click on "View" is Enhanced or Wireframe checked? I thought if you switched to wireframe view, it would switch your entire document, not just one object. Can you post a .cdr file with one "regular" object and one that you copied that is wireframe? I'd like to see if I copied the original object what would happen.
    Epilog Mini 24 - 45 Watt, Corel Draw X5, Wacom Intuos Tablet, Unengraved HP Laptop, with many more toys to come.....

If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchange apples then you and I will still each have one apple. But if you have an idea and I have one idea and we exchange these ideas, then each of us will have two ideas... George B. Shaw

Can you show us a screen shot? It doesn't matter if it's a printing layer or not. I can consistently cause what you are describing (filled object turns to wireframe) if I try to paste into a Guide Layer, but as soon as I drag that object into my Layer 1 it returns to normal display.
    I read recipes the same way I read science fiction. I get to the end and I think, "Well, that’s not going to happen."

I found I have the same problem if anything under wireframe is checked except enhanced. Works ok if enhanced is checked.
    Last edited by Bert Kemp; 12-29-2013 at 3:49 PM. Reason: spelling LOL
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    8" bench mount 5 speed Drill Press
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Gallo View Post
    they look like blue hairlines with no fill
    That sounds to me like they are on a guidelines layer.

My first thought is likewise, that it's on a guide layer.

Here you go Mike, it's CorelDraw x3.

I have tried copy/paste into a new document, but get the same so it is not layers. I tried pasting into a document that has good elements, but it does the same as you would see if you open this document.

I made sure I was not on the guideline layer. I tried re-filling and changing the lines, but that did nothing.

The lines are all blue and hairline, not editable.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Red Coin Mah Jong

Blog Entries
    If the problem is position A5, it is on the guides layer of the Master Page. Move it to page 1
    Turn the eyeball off to verify.

Howard
    Last edited by Howard Garner; 12-29-2013 at 7:23 PM.

Dee,

If you are talking about A5, W, moneybag, that is on Master Page/Guides (All Pages). I selected the blue outlined stuff there, cut, selected Layer 1 and unlocked it, then pasted and the blue hairlined stuff looked black and white, similar to the rest of the tile designs. I did notice that some of the "black" is RGB black and some is CYMK black, FWIW.

Thanks Glen, I just did the same thing and it did fix the problem. I don't know how that happened, but I will know what to check if it happens again. I have done hundreds and hundreds of designs and never had this happen, so that was weird. Whew! Now I can get back to work!

Thanks again to everyone who helped, there is always something new to learn.

cheers, dee

Red Coin Mah Jong

If you use your Object Manager Docker on a regular basis - such as selecting items, switching from page to page, that is when it will most-likely happen. You don't have to copy/paste to move objects between layers - you can just click on an object and drag them from one layer to another in the Object Manager docker. You may have accidentally dragged it over to the Guides in the Master Page.

Thanks Mike, I'm sure that's what I did. I don't normally play with layers, but I was setting up a template page with non-printing elements to be used with lots of other designs. My fault for not paying attention!

Red Coin Mah Jong