Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gravostyle 98 in Windows 7

I have old engraving software working on a Windows 7 machine, but it won't work on a 64bit version only the 32bit version.
    Shenhui SG350 fitted with a 60w tube.
    Aeon Nova 10 100w tube.
    Aeon Mira 5030 30w RF tube.
    20w Fiber Laser.
    50w Fiber Laser.
    Located in the Isle of Man, which isn't in the UK but almost surrounded by it.

2. Well sorry that i am a couple years late but, for anyone still looking for a solution instead of upgrading.
    I found the solution for Windows 10 x64.

https://sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?274434-Installing-Gravostyle-5-or-98-on-Windows-10-x64-TUT
    Last edited by Chris Andriessen; 05-19-2019 at 2:30 AM.
    2x GravoGraph IS800 (one of them getting a custom CNC board)
    1x
    GravoGraph VX 92 (with ME3 controller)
    1x
    Zund P2000 flatbed plotter
    1x
    Chinese laser
    1x
    HS15 plotter
    1x
    Gerber Edge 2
    1x
    Roland VG640 fullcolor printer
    1x
    Chinese sandblaster

Julian, Chris's install method does work, I had to do the same thing to install Gravo 5.3 on this computer, which is a win7pro64. And I just now did it with my Gravo 98-
    procedure is simple, just right click the install or setup program, click 'check compatibility', then hit 'try reinstalling with the recommended settings', hit 'next', and the settings should be WinXP service pack 2... if so, start the program..

Now, when I did this, the setup programs said it was 'searching for an installed version of DAO.exe' -- and then it hung... or so I thought- Task manager kept saying 'not responding', so I killed it, a few times. Finally I just lit it sit, and it was maybe 3 of 4 minutes later, the install screen popped up, and it installed just fine! I'm sure it'll work fine, but since I have 5.3 installed on this computer, which uses the same dongle, the dongle won't work on 98 unless I uninstall 5.3, which I'd rather not do ...

Anyway, try it, and good luck--
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

Cole,

I'm just going to reply to this very old thread/post so that when a dead HDD happens to me again, I won't spend 2 days trying to figure out a reinstall. I know I'll come back and look up this thread!

I had Gravostyle '98 with a Parallel dongle successfully installed on a Win7 PC. HDD died. I had an identical Win7 PC - they're Optiplex 790s - and moved the PCI parallel card over and couldn't get past the "Dongle is not present" message. I read this thread over and over until it stuck in my mind that I had a Sentinel install folder on the dead drive. In 2020, you can find the driver at https://supportportal.gemalto.com/cs...icle=KB0016451 (I'll have to save a copy somewhere in my dropbox).

So I DL'd and installed it and was sure this was going to get me past the dongle message. I cringed when it didn't but then by chance, I thought maybe try to reinstall the driver. I started to but chose the modify option instead which revealed that only the USB system driver is installed in a default installation. I ticked to install the parallel driver as well, rebooted for safe measure and voila, I made it to 'Add a machine'.

I have a Trophymaster; I think you choose IS400 HPGL 2D. Is that right if anyone is listening?