Thread: Software graphics

Software graphics

Hi to all,great forum.my question is has anyone tried the coyote software on their laser engravers. Says that it does all the right things,vector to raster and raster to vector, plus more.look forward to your replies.

Never heard of it and didn't really see anything in a google search that might be for graphics - lots of "coyote software" hits but not sure what you are referring to. Even if it does work you'll be better off with something like Corel, it's mainstream and very widely used so support is easy to find.

Hi Gary,the information came from a scroll saw magazine.
    coyote stencil shop 3. The site has a commercial software suite that is very interesting.carvingtechnologies.com
    The suite is used in cnc work and apparently easy to use. I am learning corel draw at the moment awaiting the arrival of my machine.all the best,Robert.

That looks like an interesting program but I'd suggest you try the trace function in Corel, you do have X6, don't you? It's pretty good, especially compared to older versions. If that doesn't work out then you could hire out the work to someone like William at Excalibur - he does amazing work and for the $99 you would pay for that program William would probably do 5 (or more) vector conversions for you and have them to you in every file format you might need and quicker than if you did it yourself! If you are a hobby user then your time may not justify paying him, but if you are a business user then it may be worth it, I know it is for me.

Gary

Thanks gary,it is x6. When I get back from china with the machine I will let you know how I went.i am in Australia and am going over to china for two weeks at the end of February to be there when they build the machine. All the best,Robert.

If you need some help setting up that machine I would be glad to help - just fly me in from Oregon, USA... It would be best to bring my wife as well, she knows how to get me to work

will do Gary,possum airlines flies once a month,I will send gps coordinates, just make sure the drop zone is printed clearly on your ticket and the parachute has a double harness for your wife. safe landing, Robert.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Schmiede View Post
    will do Gary,possum airlines flies once a month,I will send gps coordinates, just make sure the drop zone is printed clearly on your ticket and the parachute has a double harness for your wife. safe landing, Robert.
    Tuck and roll, Gary, tuck and roll
    Hi-Tec Designs, LLC -- Owner (and self-proclaimed LED guru )

Trotec 80W Speedy 300 laser w/everything
    CAMaster Stinger CNC (25" x 36" x 5")
    USCutter 24" LaserPoint Vinyl Cutter
    Jet JWBS-18QT-3 18", 3HP bandsaw
    Robust Beauty 25"x52" wood lathe w/everything
    Jet BD-920W 9"x20" metal lathe
    Delta 18-900L 18" drill press

Flame Polisher (ooooh, FIRE!)
    Freeware: InkScape, Paint.NET, DoubleCAD XT
    Paidware: Wacom Intuos4 (Large), CorelDRAW X5

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Hintz View Post
    Tuck and roll, Gary, tuck and roll
    I was taught - hit, shift and rotate. Also, keep your head out of your fourth point of contact...