Thread: Shaving Kit

Shaving Kit

I'm not much of a kit guy, nor a spindle guy, but Christmas is coming and my brother-in-law needs this. I saw the long handled brush on SMC, thanks for the inspiration whoever it was.

IMG_8445.jpg

Osage Orange and Figured Black Walnut, WOP, waxed & buffed.
    "Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig." Robert Heinlein

"[H]e had at home a lathe, and amused himself by turning napkin rings, with which he filled up his house, with the jealousy of an artist and the egotism of a bourgeois."
    Gustave Flaubert, Madame Bovary

2. REAL nice!
    Remember, in a moments time, everything can change!

Vision - not just seeing what is, but seeing what can be!

He is gonna love it; looks really nice.

Take Care and Enjoy Life...

You may not consider yourself 'much of a spindle guy', but you sure did these proud. Great job.
    Retired - when every day is Saturday (unless it's Sunday).

Very nice ! I would treasure this and I am sure he will ! Well done indeed Doug.
    John 3:16

Nicely done. I love that you made the stand as well, a really nice touch.

Doug, is that the Fusion or Mach 3? I made a Mach 3 for my brother in law and really like it. I'd prefer the Fusion, but I can't find it sold as a turning kit.

It's a Mach 3, Erich. All I could find. He's a safety razor guy; I think the fewer blades the better, too. I have a faint hope his safety razor head will have the same threads as the Mach 3 kit, but won't know until after tomorrow.

Very nice. I like the wood stand as well. Never liked the kit stand the sell.
    I did find a kit for safety razors as well. No guarantee my mind is right, but I think it was Lee Valley Tools of all places

Blog Entries
    Looks real nice! He should love it! I wish they'd give componets for a Gillette II razor. Anything more than two burns my face up. Oh... here is a good site for shaving soaps and creams.

http://www.shaveplace.com/products.a...+Oil-Alum-More I don't get anything from these folk. I just love thier shaving soaps.
    Have a Nice Day!