Thread: Looking for round ball Dremel sanding attachment. Can't find it anywhere...

Palm Bay Florida, Warner Robins Georgia, and Nigeria, Africa

Looking for round ball Dremel sanding attachment. Can't find it anywhere...

I want to make some Urchin Christmas ornaments, and I watched Brian Havens' excellent tutorial on YouTube, I'd like to find the round ball sanding attachments he uses for sanding out the holes in the urchins to match the finial.

If you don't know what I'm looking for, please see the video at time starting at 21:43 minutes.

I hope someone can provide a source for these. Can't see one on Amazon or elsewhere that I've looked.

Thanks. Can't wait to start making some of these ornaments. LOML loves seashells, and ocean related decorations.

Cheers,

Frank
    Choosing Windows 7/8 over Apple OSX and IOS is sort of like choosing Harbor Freight tools over Festool!

“They come from the desert, but it is we who have our heads in the sand.”
    Ben Weingarten

Almost hate to mention it, given your tag line, Frank, but these just might do the trick for you:
    http://www.harborfreight.com/5-piece...set-94992.html

I've had the set in my drawer for odd grinding jobs for years and it works fine. Would not run them over 10k rpm, though, just to stay safe.

David

The white grinding wheels from Dremel you can usually find at Hobby shops, foredom sells them but you have to order from them.
    Comments and Constructive Criticism Welcome

Haste in every craft or business brings failures. Herodotus,450 B.C.

Frank, go to Lowe's, in front of checkout or over in front of seasonal items in the isles they have stand up bins of different stuff, they have a combination kit by i believe Blue Hawk, its offbrand dremel stuff, in it they have the first stone that David got at hf, since you are doing this by hand grinding, they should work

Frank,

They aren't sanding attachments they are grinding stones like the ones that David linked to at HF. My local Home Depot sells the stones but the truth is the HF stones are a decent product for the price.