Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Question for HAMMER A3 owners (Size non-specific)

I've used paste wax for about 6 years without issue................Rod.

Thanks!! A timely thread for me as well!

3. Quote Originally Posted by David Hawxhurst View Post
    i use crc 3-36 for protection on mine, also use it on my smooth metal surface. i tried using paste wax but found it didn't work well for me. so far the 3-36 has been the best product for me. it adds some lube that hasn't affect the finishes i use and at the end of the day adds protection. i have tried some other things like paste wax, bosheild, etc but they were just not as effective for me as the crc 3-36. did yours come with a sheet of zero rust over the tables? if you still have it, it works really well to. at the end of the day wipe down the table with your product of choice and place the zero rust sheet over the tables.
    I second the CRC 3-36. I have used it on hand tools and power tools and it's kept the rust away. I even used it in place of mineral spirits/kerosene to clean up my new Jet lathe out of the box. Cleaned off the gunk and lubed it all in one. Great stuff.

BTW, I've applied this to surfaces/tools and haven't done much of any work in the shop for the better part of a year. No rust issues.

Frank,

The T-9 is mostly paste wax, so it won't really matter. :-)
    One can never have too many planes and chisels... or so I'm learning!!