25 Nov 2013

Good Morning Everyone,
I just came off of oncall duty for the day job. It's been a very busy week and a steady weekend of work for the day job, but not real bad. For this, I am thankful.
Been working on making end-grain cutting boards as well as working with the LOML Jr. on making her blanket chest. I've also had a buddy come by wanting a small benchtop made for his small garage shop. I got that done and he picked it up last night. The whole trouble with me getting back into the shop after a few years of not working in there at all is how many tools needed attention as well as the rubber pads on my Festool sanders dry rotted to the point of my 6" coming apart when I tried using it. I now need to order a new 6" pad for my sander. I bet I don't have even 3 hours runtime on that sander.....oh well, live and learn.

Once I get my Christmas stuff done, I plan on getting back on my lather and turn some more again. None the less, it's been good for me getting back out in the shop again and for this and a supportive family...I am....truly grateful.

Happy Thanksgiving to Each of you.!!!! May this week be full of blessings, great food, family, and fun. For those of you that are going to be travelling this week....I pray safe travels for your round trip journey.

That's it for me...so what did YOU do this past weekend?

Best of weeks to you all.