Thread: GK Weike laser turning off on its own?

GK Weike laser turning off on its own?

I have a GKW 100w that was acting wierd today. I was able to cut no problem, but when I left the machine idle, it would turn off and the LCD screen would go blank. When I turned the key/switch off and back on it would run the file just fine. It went off about 3 times. Never happened before. Any ideas?
    Last edited by Neville Stewart; 11-16-2013 at 10:20 PM.
    355 - 10400 : )

Weird!! Lose wire maybe Nev? afaik there isn't a dead mans switch system in those machines so that leads me to think wiring.

As an after thought, do you have a chiller attached to it? if so does it have the 3 wire safety overload lead on it?

cheers

Dave
    You did what !

In my 59 years on this planet, I've had more key switches fail than marriages. (several more actually!)

As I think about it, not just key switches. Toggle, rocker, turn-knob, whatever- they go bad.

Just my 2 cents-
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

Well it's happening today, but I notice when I press any button the LCD it "wakes up" so perhaps it did this all along but because I send a command to the machine I didn't notice. No other apparent side effects though. Ok just sent a "run box" from computer and screen didn't wake, but head moved, then I touched LCD and it lights up. Minor issue I hope. I'll update. Machine is about 3 yrs old I'd guess. Same Reci tube too. Pretty good I'd say.
    355 - 10400 : )

Quote Originally Posted by Neville Stewart View Post
    Well it's happening today, but I notice when I press any button the LCD it "wakes up" so perhaps it did this all along but because I send a command to the machine I didn't notice. No other apparent side effects though. Ok just sent a "run box" from computer and screen didn't wake, but head moved, then I touched LCD and it lights up. Minor issue I hope. I'll update. Machine is about 3 yrs old I'd guess. Same Reci tube too. Pretty good I'd say.
    Neville,

You might try timing how long it takes from end of use to sleep to see if it seems consistent.

Roy
    Roy
    CorelDraw 12, Inkscape, TurboCAD 19
    Homemade 3-axis 18x51" CNC router
    Vectric Aspire 8, PhotoVCarve, Mach 3
    EurekaZone track saw system

My leetro has a screen saver setting as far as I remember. Found it by accident also

I have two G Weikes. One came pre-set with the screen saver 'on' and the other did not, this is a setting that can be altered. The only hassle I find with the screensaver is that occasionally if you want to 'pause' the job urgently, the button has to be pushed twice, once to wake the screen up and a second time to pause it, this can lead to missing the pause when you need it. I hope your problem is no more than a screensaver.
    Regards, John
    60w EFI 6090 & 100w Z4 Reci 6090 G Weike Lasers, 4 X 4 CNC Router
    CLTT using Oki C822dn & Adkins Press
    Glass Sandblasting, Woodwork Shop, etc...
    V Carve Pro v8 & Photo V Carve, Lasercut 5.3, Corel Draw 2017 on Windows 7 and iMac (via Parallels), etc