Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Uploading pictures

Uploading pictures

Hello,

I have been trying to upload a couple of photos to see if I can get a piece of wood Id'd. Is there a problem
    with the site? It won't up load photo. Is there a way to delete photos that have already been uploaded?

did you resize the picture to fit in the limits to be uploaded????????

Steve, I usually resize any pics prior to upload. You might want to review this thread - http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthre...-Images-Inline

As far as deleting pics, you should be able to do that within 24 hours, but after that, a moderator or administrator would need to do it. If you have successfully uploaded pics, they should show in your post.

BTW, sometimes the File Upload Manager will minimize on your screen, making it disappear the instant it opens. Check to make sure that has not happened, and if it has, you can maximize it to bring it back up.

Uploading pictures

The picture I have tried to upload is under 50kb. I do have 80 pictures uploaded in total, could this be the problem?

Regards, Steve

Steve, I merged the two threads - no use starting a new thread. You are limited to 8 pics per post, but there is no limit to the number of pics one can upload over time. I suspect many of us have hundreds of images uploaded.

Without "being there" I am at a loss. I would suggest you restart your computer and perhaps that will alleviate some of the situation and give you a fresh start.

Thank you,

Regards, Steve

I have tried to up load a 25k file after defraging, cleaning and rebooting my computer. The system works to the point of the symbol showing action but it will run like this indefinitely and not load the picture. Any suggestions?

Steve, I have had that happen in times past and chalked it up to a bad cyber connection. Ultimately, it resolved within a couple days. But, beyond that, I have no idea. Obviously, it is on your end as you are able to post (therefore your status on SMC is good) and others are uploading. Wish I could help more, but my cyber knowledge is pretty limited.

I posted the photos on the WOW site without a problem. My cyber knowledge leaves much to be desired as well.

Regards, Steve

After you hit the upload image you are getting this window, correct.
    You select your image from the computer and then what happens?

It could be a java problem, check to see that you have the latest java.

Capture.JPG

I thought that might be the problem also so I updated java and adobe then rebooted the computer. After I hit the upload I get the cycling image that shows that action is being taken, it just never ends.

Regards, Steve

Do you have access to another computer? If you can successfully upload from there, then at least the problem is isolated and not involving your SMC status.
    Last edited by John Keeton; 11-16-2013 at 7:47 AM.

Try clicking on the "Basic Uploader" link. That worked for me, but then again I run Linux....
    Retired - when every day is Saturday (unless it's Sunday).

I will try another computer. Basic Uploader is the link I used.

Regards, Steve

Steve, are you using Microsoft Internet Explorer? I have had issues with it on certain sites and fond that Chrome or Firefox worked perfectly. Don't know for sure what's going on with IE but I would surely download Chrome and try it to see if that is your problem.
    -------
    No, it's not thin enough yet.
    -------