Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bar Code Font?

Bar Code Font?

Does anyone recognize the attached bar code and can advise me what I will need to engrave them on tablets. Sorry it is out of focus.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Trotec 25W Laser, ShopBot PRT Alpha 48 x96 CNC, Roland Vinyl Cutter, Compucarve CNC, Ricoh GXe7700s Dye-sub printer, Hotronix Clamshell Heat Press, Pad Printing Equip, all normal woodworking and electrical tools.

Peter, that's not a font, it's created by a barcode program. CorelDraw has it built in. I can't tell you where, as I'm not in front of CorelDraw, but if you open the help and search for Barcode, you'll find out how to do it. There are various formats and you pick the one you want and enter the data and Corel will create it for you.
    Lasers : Trotec Speedy 300 75W, Trotec Speedy 300 80W, Galvo Fiber Laser 20W
    Printers : Mimaki UJF-6042 UV Flatbed Printer , HP Designjet L26500 61" Wide Format Latex Printer, Summa S140-T 48" Vinyl Plotter
    Router : ShopBot 48" x 96" CNC Router Rotary Engravers : (2) Xenetech XOT 16 x 25 Rotary Engravers

Real name Steve but that name was taken on the forum. Used Middle name. Call me Steve or Scott, doesn't matter.

As Scott pointed out in Corel under "EDIT" select "INSERT BAR CODE" than follow steps to create one.
    Trotec Speedy 300 - 60w, with Quatro CSA-626 fume extraction
    Xenetech 1625 x2,
    New Hermes TX pantograph, CG4 cutter grinder
    Brady Globalmark2 label printer,
    Assortment of custom tooling , shears & punches, heat bender.
    Software: Xenetech XOT, Corel X3, Bartender label software

Scott & Tony, thanks for your input. I don't know one bar code from another and Corel has a ton of them to choose from. So, I am hoping someone can chime in and advise what type of code I need.
    Trotec 25W Laser, ShopBot PRT Alpha 48 x96 CNC, Roland Vinyl Cutter, Compucarve CNC, Ricoh GXe7700s Dye-sub printer, Hotronix Clamshell Heat Press, Pad Printing Equip, all normal woodworking and electrical tools.

Peter, try code 39. It appears to be that one.
    Trotec Speedy 300 - 60w, with Quatro CSA-626 fume extraction
    Xenetech 1625 x2,
    New Hermes TX pantograph, CG4 cutter grinder
    Brady Globalmark2 label printer,
    Assortment of custom tooling , shears & punches, heat bender.
    Software: Xenetech XOT, Corel X3, Bartender label software

Youve done your very best to make it hard with the out of focus photo , but im pretty sure thats code 39 (code 3 of 9)
    Our laser software creates bar codes and it seems to match, careful engraving bar codes, there are rules, like contrast and quiet zones
    Check what you engrave reads on THEIR reader, dont use an iphone, they are excellent at reading barcodes and very forgiving and can give reading when a proper reader might fail.
    barcode.jpg
    L Squared Lasers UK
    2 x Halo Lasers 20 watt fiber
    1 x Halo CO2 Galvo System
    1 x Shenhui 1512 80 watt
    3 x Electrox D40
    3 x electrox Scriba 2
    1 x Electrox Scorpion 40 watt Fibre
    1 x Epilog EXT36 75 watt.

Thanks for the inputs. I took the photo at the school and then left, not realizing it was out of focus.

In any case, I recreated the 27013 tag in Corel and you are both correct, it appears to be Code 39. I will do a sample anodized tag tomorrow and go back to the school and see if they can read it.

Thanks again for the information.

Blog Entries
    Peter,

If that is readable by their reader you might arrange to borrow one for the night. Then you could burn one and test it, rinse and repeat until you have what you want instead of schlepping samples back and forth each day. Should just be a plug and play reader.

Dave
    900x600 80watt EFR Tube laser from Liaocheng Ray Fine Tech LTD. Also a 900x600 2.5kw spindle CNC from Ray Fine. And my main tool, a well used and loved Jet 1642 Woodlathe with an outboard toolrest that helps me work from 36 inch diameters down to reallllllly tiny stuff.

You might have to engrave it in relief depending on the reader but i would try both for you sample to save a wasted trip, it should just be a case of drawing a rectangle around the barcode leaving space on the left and right, combine it, then fill it and engrave it. Good chance you wont need to as virtually all readers are quite capable of reading negative code these days.
    L Squared Lasers UK
    1 x Shenhui 1512 80 watt
    3 x Electrox D40
    3 x electrox Scriba 2

EDIT...Removed post.
    Last edited by Randy Digby; 10-24-2013 at 11:42 AM.
    Trotec Speedy 100 30W
    CorelDraw 2023
    EngraveLab 9
    Sublimation
    MillRight CNC Power Route Plus
    Duct Tape
    WD40

Well, the sample anodized tag with the bar code did not scan at the school.

They probably have older scanners that do not scan negative (white lines) bar code.

And, Corel does not allow combining bar code with a surrounding rectangle to allow me to build a positive bar code.

I think somebody makes a bar code program for lasers, so I am going to look for something like that.

You can convert the barcode to a bitmap (turn off aliasing, transparent background doesn't matter) and then use Effects/Transform/Invert. Place over a larger black rectangle if desired.

Glen, well that worked - what is it going to look like engraved on to a black anodized tablet case. I need to have black bars on a white background.

Can you not 'convert to curves' the bar code ? Then follow my instructions with combing with a box? You need effectively a large black box with white stripes inside in Corel , assuming the tablets are black ! Also next tip I forgot is print the bar code onto paper, if it can read a paper bar code then something else is wrong! Also if you have a smart phone use it to see if it reads, at least you know if your on the right track ! We're lucky our software automatically makes the codes and puts in quite zones and will automatically increment the code number, an iPad takes 12 seconds to barcode up, unboxing 4 times longer
    L Squared Lasers UK
    1 x Shenhui 1512 80 watt
    3 x Electrox D40
    3 x electrox Scriba 2

Inverting it will make the background engrave (bleach out the black anodization), leaving the bars and numbers black. Placing the inverted image over a larger black rectangle increases the size of the bleached area. So, you should wind up with black barcode in a white(ish) box. Turning off aliasing prevents lowering the contrast due to smoothing, keeping the edges crisp for best readability.