Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Calling It Quits

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Wolf View Post
    After 25 years of building stairs and railings in the Long Island, NY market, I'm closing up shop. This Friday I will be moving to Charlotte, NC to start a semi retirement life. I will still need to work, but at a much more relaxed pace. Hopefully, only two or three days a week. Maybe railings, maybe something else, we will see how it works out.
    The cost of living and running a business in NY has gotten out of control, and I'm tired of the grind. Next time I talk to you, I may have a southern accent. LOL
    Y'all enjoy yaself down in Charlotte, Richard! Jus be cahful not to break yo neck cranin' at them Suthen belles!

Congratulations on your life change, Richard. Just learn to say "y'all and "fixin' to", develop a taste for fried foods and sweet tea and don't miss the snow. I think you will love the South.
    Cody

Logmaster LM-1 sawmill, 30 hp Kioti tractor w/ FEL, Stihl 290 chainsaw, 300 bf cap. Solar Kiln

Best of luck Richard! NC is a beautiful state! Enjoy!

Well Richard, welcome to Dixie. Come on in. Y'all stop bye if you are in the neighborhood. No need to call.

Thanks again everyone for the kind comments. I am now down here in Charlotte and will be taking my time to adjust. My two golden retrievers seem to love it already.

Thanks y'all
    Richard

Welcome to Charlotte from this guy in Concord. I was born and raised in NY and moved here 3 years ago (after 16 years in VA). Absolutely love it here.

Remember that you're in Nascar country.

No need to signal left turns.
    It's expected.

Richard best wishes on your partial retirement.

Thanks for sharing your expertise all these years on the forum, I've never done any stair work however I always admired your skills and willingness to share.

regards, Rod.

Richard,
    Congratulations and Best of Luck. I lived in Raleigh for 2 years and have very fond memories of "The Old North State".
    Gary

I've enjoyed your posts over the years! Very informative.

Everything is better in the south! You will love the area!

Richard, I'm very happy for you to be able to step into the next part of your life! Best wishes on the move and all that comes afterward!
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Richard,

I always loved to see your beautiful work and respected your comments. I understand about living in a high cost area. DC is about the same as NYC. I spent most of my career down in the area you're now in and agree, you'll enjoy the more relaxed conditions. Work at whatever pace you like, when you like or not if you like. That's about what I do and it's great. Enjoy.

Richard, Congratulations and Best of wishes.... Hope you don't put on too much weight with all the south's good food.