Thread: Spirit Laser Y motor Malfunction

Spirit Laser Y motor Malfunction

Hello All, I have a Spirit 30w Laser and it will not get past the Initialization. It comes up with a Y-Motor malfunction. I swapped the Y and X motors and the problem did not follow so its not a motor. All the power supply voltages are right on and I checked out the cables with an OHM meter. no problems found there. Any Ideas other then a main System Board? Thanks Stanley
    LaserPro Sprit 30 Watt...Corel X5..PhotoGrav 3.0

Sorry, that happened to me a couple of months back and it was the main system board.
    Hilton Lister. NZ
    GCC Spirit 60w. Meistergram 912, Gravograph IT, Old Roland Vinyl Cutter, Hand engraving, Retired

There is a little tab that breaks the optical connection to tell the machine its reached the Y limit at the top of the table when it boots , have a look to see if its not broken off or that it is indeed breaking the optical beam , its by the small pcb , at the right end of the gantry, a protruding tab . Even if its not broken , tape a small piece of insulation tape at the end to extend its reach into the U shaped optical switch and try again , we have had this happen to us a few times.
    Rodney Gold, Toker Bros trophies, Cape Town , South Africa :
    Roland 2300 rotary . 3 x ISEL's ..1m x 500mm CnC .
    Tekcel 1200x2400 router , 900 x 600 60w Shenui laser , 1200 x 800 80w Reci tube Shenhui Laser
    6 x longtai lasers 400x600 60w , 1 x longtai 20w fiber
    2x Gravo manual engravers , Roland 540 large format printer/cutter. CLTT setup
    1600mm hot and cold laminator , 3x Dopag resin dispensers , sandblasting setup, acid etcher

Hi. It happened to me to 2 years ago. My problem was on mainboard. Fortunately, I replace the 3 "integrated" on mainboard (inexpensive!), those that have heat sink, and the mainboard works again. Good Luck!
    Edu

Laserpro Spirit 30w

Edu, Can you tell me more about this. Do you have any part numbers or a supplier? Thanks Stanley
    Last edited by Stanley Waldrup; 10-23-2013 at 8:21 PM.

I'm afraid of that!

Tried it Rodney. All the tabs were in place and tried the tape trick with no luck...

Quote Originally Posted by Stanley Waldrup View Post
    Edu, Can you tell me more about this. Do you have any part numbers or a supplier? Thanks Stanley
    Hi again. Here it is a foto of the mainboard.

spiritmainboard.jpg

Marked in red the pices I changed. I didn't it by myself. A guy from an electronic shop did it.

Must have to take a part the 3 heatsinks (it has screws), then desoldering the three integrated pieces (like a chip with spider legs ) and then resoldering the new ones.

The integrated pieces have a number printed.. is the reference to find it on a electronic shops.

..After a year and a half the mainboard fails again.. but this time was a diferent error and replacing this pieces takes no effect. I hope it works for you.

Good luck again Stanley!
    Edu

Laserpro Spirit 30w

Pd: The pieces cost was about $5 each one :-D
    Edu

Laserpro Spirit 30w

I think it is the L6203 DMOS full bridge driver.
    http://www.st.com/web/catalog/sense_...SS1556/PF63230
    We tried a repair on an old board using this , but there was something else wrong.
    Rodney Gold, Toker Bros trophies, Cape Town , South Africa :
    Roland 2300 rotary . 3 x ISEL's ..1m x 500mm CnC .
    Tekcel 1200x2400 router , 900 x 600 60w Shenui laser , 1200 x 800 80w Reci tube Shenhui Laser
    6 x longtai lasers 400x600 60w , 1 x longtai 20w fiber
    2x Gravo manual engravers , Roland 540 large format printer/cutter. CLTT setup
    1600mm hot and cold laminator , 3x Dopag resin dispensers , sandblasting setup, acid etcher

Thanks Rodne, I will give it a try and let you all know. Stanley

I had similar problem 14 days ago with X axis ... and problem was in small board mounted near servo... price about 50 USD. It came when i engrave and after switch off and on machine didnt start .... error was on display during initialization .... Martin
    Last edited by Martin Safranek; 10-27-2013 at 2:49 PM.
    GCC Spirit LS 20w,60W, 100w
    WEIKE LC 1612 90/130W RECI
    Morntech Fiber 30w raycus
    Haotian Laser Fiber MOPA 80w
    CO2 Galvo 35w
    Corel X6

Was it the Board toward the front of the machine or the one that travels with the X-axis Carrage?
    Last edited by Stanley Waldrup; 10-30-2013 at 1:14 PM.