Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Delta 10" Unisaw Switch Issue

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Charleston SC
    Posts
    2

    Delta 10" Unisaw Switch Issue

    I'm looking for advice on a dead table saw issue. This is a Delta Unisaw 36-812 10" tilting arbor table saw roughly 15 years old. The switch died today. It seems like the coil that pulls the relay shut has burned out. The on and off switches check out and the saw runs if I manually push in the relay. Does anyone know if components of the switch can be replaced or where I can get a replacement for the whole assembly? So far my searches have come up with a lot of back-ordered or out of stock results.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Between No Where & No Place ,WA
    Posts
    1,058
    For Uni-saw parts contact The Saw Center -- http://www.sawcenter.com/

    If they do not have it, lopok in the Yellow Pages and call an electrical supply house.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Horseshoe Bend, Arkansas
    Posts
    166
    James, this may not be the answer you're looking for, but I'll throw it out there anyway. I used the same magnetic switch assy. on a 3HP Unisaw as is on my Grizzly 1023RL. Grizzly PN P1023RL026V2 for $35. (very cheap for a magnetic switch) You can also download the 1023RL manual and a have wiring diagram in color. http://www.grizzly.com/products/10-3...le-Saw/G1023RL As for the Delta magnetic, you may be able to take it to a motor shop and get parts. Luck, Jim

  4. #4
    Ereplacement parts has the switch.

    http://www.ereplacementparts.com/sea...nisaw%2036-812

  5. #5
    Is the magnetic starter in a plastic box on the front of your saw, or in a metal box on the back of your saw?

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Charleston SC
    Posts
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Rosenberger View Post
    Is the magnetic starter in a plastic box on the front of your saw, or in a metal box on the back of your saw?
    It's plastic on the front.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Cache Valley, Utah
    Posts
    1,468
    Another option would be this one from Factorymation:
    http://www.factorymation.com/Product...18AX-RM32.html
    I have purchased a number of VFDs and other things from them and it's all been good quality stuff.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Cav View Post
    Another option would be this one from Factorymation:
    http://www.factorymation.com/Product...18AX-RM32.html
    I have purchased a number of VFDs and other things from them and it's all been good quality stuff.

    you might want this one with the 208/240 volt coil though
    http://www.factorymation.com/Product...24AX-RM32.html
    jack
    English machines

  9. #9

    Unisaw switch replacement

    Quote Originally Posted by James Lundy View Post
    I'm looking for advice on a dead table saw issue. This is a Delta Unisaw 36-812 10" tilting arbor table saw roughly 15 years old. The switch died today. It seems like the coil that pulls the relay shut has burned out. The on and off switches check out and the saw runs if I manually push in the relay. Does anyone know if components of the switch can be replaced or where I can get a replacement for the whole assembly? So far my searches have come up with a lot of back-ordered or out of stock results.
    I replaced the switch on my Delta 36-812 with a Shop Fox D4157, available at Grizzly, Amazon and other sources.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •