Thread: Sawstop contractor saw dust shroud deformed

Sawstop contractor saw dust shroud deformed

In another post, I mentioned I just purchased a used Sawstop contractor saw. The seller had 3 of them (landscape architecture business that decided to get out of doing build work themselves). The ports on the dust shrouds on 2 of them were all quite deformed, so much that they didn't look close to circular and I wasn't sure they *were* ports. The 3rd one was much better.

The seller was going to try and swap shrouds but on delivery, I found it wasn't swapped - but I also see it wasn't necessarily a simple job. The saw I received was, he thought, the one in best condition and besides the dust port, I didn't see anything to invalidate that.

I'm a little worried that it might be impossible to fit a hose around the port, as deformed as it is.

Has anyone experienced this problem ? I'm having a hard time even imagining what could have caused that. The only thing I can think of is that the blade may have been retracted fully and maybe they sat the saw on the ground without the base, thereby deforming the shroud. But the deformity doesn't suggest force applied from a consistent direction - it's more all over the place.

Palm Bay Florida, Warner Robins Georgia, and Nigeria, Africa
    Call SawStop directly. Their customer service is outstanding and they should be able to help you.
    Choosing Windows 7/8 over Apple OSX and IOS is sort of like choosing Harbor Freight tools over Festool!

“They come from the desert, but it is we who have our heads in the sand.”
    Ben Weingarten

If it's plastic, warm it up with a heat gun and try to get it round again with a gloved hand.

Picture(s)?

I think Jason probably has a good idea in warming/forming it.

cut the sucker off and attach a new one to the metal housing of the saw .just a thought