Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Any alternatives to Rockler's Claip-it assembly squares?

I have 8 of them that I have never had a use for. I am pretty sure I didn't pay anywhere near $13 a piece for them!

I have some of these, and you should not mistake their construction for some common plastic. They are very sturdy, feels like glass reinforced polycarbonate. That said, I bought them on sale a while back, and they are handy to have. Yes, you can make them from plywood. Or use angle iron. But they aren't a bad thing to have around. I got them because it was easier, even if more expensive, to have them around when I need them.

Doc
    As Cort would say: Fools are the only folk on the earth who can absolutely count on getting what they deserve.

I got a dozen Rocklers from a guy for a buck each, including the clamps. Haven't used them yet, but its only been about three years. I keep forgetting they are on the shelf.

Rick Potter

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick Potter View Post
    I got a dozen Rocklers from a guy for a buck each, including the clamps. Haven't used them yet, but its only been about three years. I keep forgetting they are on the shelf.

Rick Potter
    Interested in selling them?

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Lizek View Post
    I've been woodworking for 40 years and never needed anything like that. I just measure the diagonals with the tape measure and it's done.
    But, but, but ... how we gonna spend $$$$$$$ on 7¢ pieces of blowmolded puke-green polyethylene that way?

Sorry Andrew,

If I sold them, I would probably need them for sure. I know I will dig them out and use them some day. I have a squaring board I use for boxes and drawers, and just haven't needed them yet.

About a week ago I dismantled an aluminum storm door to send to the scrap yard...
    In each corner of it were 4 pieces that look almost like the bought ones...
    Except they are 3 1/2" per side and 1" thick..
    Should be good for smaller projects..

A set of planes from Wood magazine.
    http://www.woodmagazine.com/woodwork...lamping-tasks/
    "Remember back in the day, when things were made by hand, and people took pride in their work?"
    - Rick Dale

Why can't I see simple Jpeg files added as links in some of the responses??

I believe you need to be a contributor, $6 per year, to see images. Plus this is an old thread and many pictures are cross referenced from other sources (websites) which are no longer available.