Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: You know you're a woodturner if....

Well I do all sorts of woodworking as well as wood turning. So in my shop I have a Microwave for warming glue and drying wood blanks, and hand iron for applying veneer, a hair dryer to dry paints and make epoxy more viscous, a hair curler for bending veneer, An electric skillet for melting parrafin to dip woods into, an electric meat knife that I use to carve styrafoam for models. I guess that makes me a domestic wood worker.

You know if you are a wood turner if . . . when your WIFE sees a fallen tree and asks what you could make for her with it.

Wayne

"your WIFE sees a fallen tree and asks..."

If only.

You know you're a turner if when your WIFE sees a fallen tree and tells you, "Don't even think about out it. Look straight ahead."

When you see a roadkill tree and your wife grabs her chainsaw and you grab the wedges and maul.

when you routinely go a few blocks out of your way to see what scraps the furniture factory put out front in their "free" bin.

You know you are a woodturner if you spend 1 1/2 days making new decorative handles for a Steel, Knife and Fork in a carving set, just because you can. I must admit they turned out very nice.

Colby, Washington. Just across the Puget Sound from Seattle, near Blake Island.
    You’re probably a woodturner if you keep a bag of coffee grounds in your shop, and you don’t even drink the stuff!

When you buy a gouge instead of medicine.
    Where did I put those band aids?

When you stop chuckling at the mention of weed pots and short curlies.

When your wife repeatedly has to remind you (as you've got the chainsaw in hand) that the bow on the neighbors gnarly burly sugar maple doesn't mean it's your birthday present.

You know you are a woodturner when every relative ,friend ,neighbor ,work colleague and acquaintance has at least one of your bowls

Last edited by Brian Deakin; 05-03-2020 at 2:57 PM.

You know that you are a Woodturner when you spend hours searching for the right blank, cut it round, start turning and then find the broken branch stub in the middle that makes the project unusable.
    So back to the racks again tomorrow.
    Rgds,
    Richard.

When you're supposed to be cutting firewood and the "save" pile is bigger than the "burn" pile.

Colby, Washington. Just across the Puget Sound from Seattle, near Blake Island.
    Ok, this might be a stretch...

You know you’re a woodturner when your governor requires you to wear a mask and practice “social distancing” and you realize you’ve been in quarantine all along.

You know you’re a woodturner if…. Your doorstop is a hunk of cocobolo. IMG_7812.jpg