Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Water Slide Decals

Water Slide Decals

Not sure if this is the right forum, but I am looking for a Water Slide Decal source that does not have a high min quantity requirement. Can anyone recommend a source pls.
    Trotec 25W Laser, ShopBot PRT Alpha 48 x96 CNC, Roland Vinyl Cutter, Compucarve CNC, Ricoh GXe7700s Dye-sub printer, Hotronix Clamshell Heat Press, Pad Printing Equip, all normal woodworking and electrical tools.

Blog Entries
    A Google search for "water slide decal paper" turns up a ton of them... first link alone has packs for around $20.
    Hi-Tec Designs, LLC -- Owner (and self-proclaimed LED guru )

Trotec 80W Speedy 300 laser w/everything
    CAMaster Stinger CNC (25" x 36" x 5")
    USCutter 24" LaserPoint Vinyl Cutter
    Jet JWBS-18QT-3 18", 3HP bandsaw
    Robust Beauty 25"x52" wood lathe w/everything
    Jet BD-920W 9"x20" metal lathe
    Delta 18-900L 18" drill press

Flame Polisher (ooooh, FIRE!)
    Freeware: InkScape, Paint.NET, DoubleCAD XT
    Paidware: Wacom Intuos4 (Large), CorelDRAW X5

You can buy them from MagicTouch. http://www.themagictouchusa.com/
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt
    Gravograph IS400
    Woodworking shop CLTT and Laser Sublimation
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

Magic Touch is good and Papillo has all sorts of neat stuff! The newer versions are nicer as the printed to a very thin mylar, the older versions were printed to a sheet with a dextrose coating and you needed to spray a fixative to hold the ink or toner together . I love waterslide, just curious, if you don't mind saying, what do you plan on using it for?
    Martin Boekers

1 - Epilog Radius 25watt laser 1998
    1 - Epilog Legend EXT36 75watt laser 2005
    1 - Epilog Legend EXT36 75watt laser 2007
    1 - Epilog Fusion M2 32 120watt laser with camera 2015
    2 - Geo Knight K20S 16x20 Heat Press
    Geo Knight K Mug Press,
    Ricoh GX-7000 Dye Sub Printer
    Zerox Phaser 6360 Laser Printer
    numerous other tools and implements
    of distruction/distraction!

I use Lazertran.com because they are the old fashioned decal material and I wanted something vintage-y that could wear off with time. They come in small 10 sheet packs.
    Epilog Mini 18/25w & 35w, Mac and Vaio, Corel x3, typical art toys, airbrush... I'm a Laserhead, my husband is a Neanderthal - go figure

Red Coin Mah Jong

I used the Papillio paper for R/C model airplanes. Works great.

Rabbit RL-80-9060
    Roland SP-540i
    Graphtec ce5000-60
    Graphtec fc7000-100
    Happy HDC2-1501
    Juki 1541s

Martin, et al

Thanks for the replies. My barber has a motorcycle with a windshield and he wants to put his shop logo on the windshield (Windscreen for our British friends). So, I thought a waterslide decal might work.

Any other suggestion for this application?

Pete
    Trotec 25W Laser, ShopBot PRT Alpha 48 x96 CNC, Roland Vinyl Cutter, Compucarve CNC, Ricoh GXe7700s Dye-sub printer, Hotronix Clamshell Heat Press, Pad Printing Equip, all normal woodworking and electrical tools.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Meacham View Post
    Martin, et al

Thanks for the replies. My barber has a motorcycle with a windshield and he wants to put his shop logo on the windshield (Windscreen for our British friends). So, I thought a waterslide decal might work.

Any other suggestion for this application?

Pete
    Water slide won't hold up for this, if you sublimate Rowmark Mates would work, you have a Roland cutter , I have a GX 24 that I use for decal and T Shirts. If you have a pigment printer (like and Epson with Dura Brite inks) you can print/cut with registration marks if your cutter has an optical reader for a die cut. Pigment inks will hold up with less fading, you might consider static cling too, not permanent but hold pretty good. There are lots of vinyls out there to print on, remember inks are transparent so you will have to print on a white.
    Martin Boekers

1 - Epilog Radius 25watt laser 1998
    1 - Epilog Legend EXT36 75watt laser 2005
    1 - Epilog Legend EXT36 75watt laser 2007
    1 - Epilog Fusion M2 32 120watt laser with camera 2015
    2 - Geo Knight K20S 16x20 Heat Press
    Geo Knight K Mug Press,
    Ricoh GX-7000 Dye Sub Printer
    Zerox Phaser 6360 Laser Printer
    numerous other tools and implements
    of distruction/distraction!

Yea, water slide is to delicate for that. If I could see his logo I can print it on vinyl.
    Rabbit RL-80-9060
    Roland SP-540i
    Graphtec ce5000-60
    Graphtec fc7000-100
    Happy HDC2-1501
    Juki 1541s

Dennis

Here is the logo

PeteOld Orcutt Barbers Banner.jpg
    Last edited by Peter Meacham; 09-13-2013 at 9:00 PM.

Good morning all
    I have looked at water slide as a means to put pictures onhouse signs that would be outside I plan on putting a few coats of varnish overthem to protect them am I on the right track ?
    My reason for this was from what I have read it’s an easyoption and gives a very high quality picture and should be cost effective asyou don’t need much equipment
    Am I on the right track?
    Frank

there is a lot of guys on ebay who will print your logo on vinyl and cut it out for you. If it's small it won't cost too much. These things are used for cars stickers and even wraps so it will last for a very long time.

I have had a roland printer/cutter. It could print with solvent ink and them cut out any contour around it. It is not so complicated to use and it should not been expensive to do just one small job.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Meacham View Post
    Dennis

Here is the logo

Pete
    How long does he need it?
    Rabbit RL-80-9060
    Roland SP-540i
    Graphtec ce5000-60
    Graphtec fc7000-100
    Happy HDC2-1501
    Juki 1541s

This seems simple enough to do without a vinyl cutter. The lines aren't that complex
    and I don't see any really tight spaces to worry about. I'd cut it with an exacto.
    You might be able to get a vinyl sticker material on 8.5 x 11 sheets from an office supply
    store. You can put it through your own printer and spray a UV coating on it to help
    protect it. I got a 100 pack of vinyl for around $30, but I also got polyester from Papilio
    and I think 10 sheets was around $8 or so (it's been awhile)

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis Watson View Post
    How long does he need it?
    Until he sells the motorcycle - just kidding.

Dennis, thanks for the offer, but I think I am going to try to print it myself given the advice above regarding the different papers available to make decals, stickers, etc. I think I have all the equipment needed.

Thanks to all for your inputs.