Thread: Excalibur Overarm Dust Collector -- Modification

Excalibur Overarm Dust Collector -- Modification

Hey all. I came across an Excalibur overarm that a friend of mine decided they didn't want to use. So a 5 hour round trip and a long visit got my the Excalibur for the price of fuel and conversation. I got it back to my shop and set it on a cart for a few days. The one I have is one of the older none pivoting one. Well, I wanted mine to be able to pivot so it could be moved out of the way when needed.

Lucky me, the shop next door is where a welder has his business. We are friends and I went over there and explained what I wanted and how I thought he could accomplish it. He said it would be a while before he could get around to it. Didn't matter, I needed a wye and a blast gate before I could hook it up anyway.

2 days later he brings it back to me with the modifications. He wanted to get it out of the way because he was getting into a busy spell. The modification cost me $100. Well worth it to me.

He pretty much did what I had suggested. He cut the support arm and welded a plate on each section that would be mated. He put a rod in the upper section and a couple of plates with holes in them in the lower section, essentially a hinge.

Then a week went by and I had the opportunity to install the Excalibur on my Delta tablesaw. The 6 x 5 x 4 wye and the 3" blast gate came in from Oneida. So I had my parts list complete.e

I put the wye on my 6" duct and attached the 5" flex to my tablesaw and the 4" flex to the Excalibur.

Before

After

Swiveled out of the way

So, for a total of $205 I was able to get an Excalibur on my Delta. Works great with my Oneida 2 1/2HP Cyclone.

($50 fuel, $100 welding, $55 wye and gate)

Blog Entries
    That's really Neat! I like it.

Very nice Leo, I really liked my Excalibur overarm guard.............Rod.

Liked?

Don't you have it anymore?

I have an Excalibur sitting around I bought for $100.....Your idea is a good one and I will do the same thing. Thanks! bob