Thread: Trotec driver for windows 7

Trotec driver for windows 7

Hello all is there a driver for Windows 7? I bought a used speedy 300. Every thing works great on the xp machine that came with it. Just looking to upgrade the computer.

Regards,
    Tom Evans - Milwaukee, WI
    Photon Cutter Studios
    PCS Engraving, inc

Trotec Speedy II

Sure, it's out there and available for Windows 7. You might want to look into upgraded to their new Job Control X. I find it to be much better than the old driver. Give Trotec a call and they'll straighten you out either way you go, the old or the new.
    Lasers : Trotec Speedy 300 75W, Trotec Speedy 300 80W, Galvo Fiber Laser 20W
    Printers : Mimaki UJF-6042 UV Flatbed Printer , HP Designjet L26500 61" Wide Format Latex Printer, Summa S140-T 48" Vinyl Plotter
    Router : ShopBot 48" x 96" CNC Router Rotary Engravers : (2) Xenetech XOT 16 x 25 Rotary Engravers

Real name Steve but that name was taken on the forum. Used Middle name. Call me Steve or Scott, doesn't matter.

I sent an email to my Trotec rep a couple of weeks ago about the availability of Job Control X and his response was it would be available as an upgrade in about 8 weeks (that would make it mid October), but he was unsure of pricing.
    Laser: Trotec Speedy 300-80 watts
    Software: Corel Draw X6, Windows 7 64-bit, Adobe Photoshop CS5
    __________________________________________________ ___

Please, call me Ron.

Thank you both for the info. It was already on my schedule to introduce myself to the local rep. You have given me more reason do do so. I continue to find more reason to haunt this forum and support it.
    Photon Cutter Studios
    PCS Engraving, inc

Trotec Speedy II

An update on Job Control X; my sales rep got back to me with the info that JCX is $295 and needs to be ordered through tech support due to a firmware upgrade requirement ( at least for my laser).
    Laser: Trotec Speedy 300-80 watts
    Software: Corel Draw X6, Windows 7 64-bit, Adobe Photoshop CS5
    __________________________________________________ ___

Please, call me Ron.

Thank you Ron. I should be ordering it soon.
    Photon Cutter Studios
    PCS Engraving, inc

Trotec Speedy II