Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: New Felder FB 610 Band Saw

Thanks!.. I'll stay with one inch!

I put a high quality one inch blade on my FB 610 right out of the gate and couldn't be happier with the performance. This has been the saw I have always wanted, can't say enough about how pleased I am. At the time I felt the blade was awful expensive but it was worth every penny and a great saw deserves a great blade.

Blog Entries
    Congrats on the new bandsaw!!!
    I've recently purchased a similar sized saw that's new to me (2016 SCM/Centauro). It cuts incredibly well!
    I share your excitement!!

Keith (and Erik, for that matter):

What is the size of the miter track on Felder bandsaws (an FB710 in my case)?

Didn't realize it wasn't the standard size until this week (pretty sad, considering I've had my FB710 for 3 years or so). I guess this speaks to the fact that I haven't had to use a miter slot on it until recently.

Keith - still loving the FB610? I love my FB710. Does everything I throw at it with ease.
    - After I ask a stranger if I can pet their dog and they say yes, I like to respond, "I'll keep that in mind" and walk off
    - It's above my pay grade. Mongo only pawn in game of life.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Outten View Post
    I couldn't find steel runners to fit the miter slot in my FB610 so I made mine from Dupont Corian. I setup my CNC Router to cut several runners once I got the fit like I wanted it but the first one isn't showing any wear yet so the extras are on the shelf.

I'm still extremely happy with my band saw, it is enjoyable to use every time. I have now had plenty of opportunity to resaw several types of hardwoods and plenty of Corian. I did have to shim the fence to use it for resawing though and its a bit short for my taste so I will make a new fence just for resawing this Summer.

I bought a used MiniMax S45 18" BS some years ago and it had the narrower slot in the table. Measured the slot width very carefully with a MM/CM (forgot which) scale ruler and ordered bar stock from McMaster Car, fit perfectly. Drilled some holes in the bar for my miter gauge, good to go. After living in Italy, Germany, Korea and the middle east in my USAF career, wasn't surprised it was metric. Randy
    Randy Cox
    Lt Colonel, USAF (ret.)

15 or 16mm? Considering 19mm is almost exactly 3/4", you'd think they'd use that ... considering we 'Murrican's invented the band saw, table saw, and every other thing of usefulness in the world ;-)

Yeah, a nuisance of a sort. I looked at milling mine out to 3/4" awhile back, and don't have a clue now if it looked like a good idea or not. FB-600, first gen. I think I have a 1" carbide blade still in the box. It's got a 3/4" installed almost always. Switch to a 1/4" cutting foam for packaging. Picked up partial coils of blades off CL, cut and welded them myself. Handy to have access to a REAL metal cutting bandsaw (Grob) with a blade welder built in. Spent a few years drilling holes in die blanks and welding the blades in place to hog them out for EDM. Eventually we moved into the 20th Century in '83 and went to wire.

Alan,

I am still of the opinion that my Felder FB 610 is an awesome band saw and I use it almost every day. It's the best money I ever spent on any saw. The gum ball machines I shared recently were all cut on my FB 610 with the band saw slider I made, I rarely ever use my table saw anymore. Yep, I have the narrow miter slot so I made some miter sliders from solid surface material, still using the first one and haven't seen any wear on it yet.