Thread: What would you pay for a Delta Unisaw & Planer?

What would you pay for a Delta Unisaw & Planer?

I am trying to put a value on a couple stationary tools I found at an auction. The table saw is a Delta Unisaw model 34-450 with a 2hp 3ph motor. The planer is a Delta 18" wedgebed planer model 20-100 with a 3hp 3ph motor. Both tools have been sitting for a while and have heavy surface rust but (hopefully) no pitting. Any idea what these tools are worth?

Something or nothing depending on condition Not enough info provided to make any real evaluations. Do they work? Are they missing parts? Do they have cracks in important castings? There's just too many variables to even guess.

JeffD

a uni is a dime a dozen as low a $50 no more than $300. the planer could have some value i will say $400

If there stored that means that there not running . running machines are worth more than ones that are not.

jack
    English machines
    Last edited by jack forsberg; 08-19-2013 at 6:53 PM.

I included everything I know that's unserviceable...just surface rust on the bed. No cracks or missing parts. All bearings are tight and smooth.

I agree with Jack about prices. Being 3 phase is a real deal killer for most hobbiests depends on how bad you want them. When you go to the auction make sure you point out to any other onlookers that it's 3 phase. Been known to do that myself at auctions. See someone eyeing it up close, just meander up take a look at the motor like you've never seen it and comment "oh oh, three phase. Too bad". A few times and it soon becomes common knowledge as people discuss it. Hey, all is fair in love and auctions, lol. Auctioneer may mention it. If he doesn't make sure you ask as it comes up for auction if it's single phase. You might get it cheap. Good luck
    My three favorite things are the Oxford comma, irony and missed opportunities

The problem with humanity is: we have paleolithic emotions; medieval institutions; and God-like technology. Edward O. Wilson