Thread: Creeker's Weekend Accomplishments

Creeker's Weekend Accomplishments

12 Aug 2013

Good Morning Everyone,
    I don't know what the weather is where you are, but we've had a cooler and more wet August than I can ever remember. It's been a really nice break from the extreme heat we had most of the entire summer last year.

Still working on the inside of the house and I'll be really glad when we get all this done. I guess I'll need to take a couple of vacation days off work to make any real progress on this instead of working on it at night as time permits. We are close, but not quiet there.

Still working through computer problems at home. I hope to have all that resolved in a week or so. I'm beginning to work through things I want to make in the shop this fall/winter and I'm getting more excited about doing that once again. I have high hopes of having some really nice shop time very soon.

That's it for me, so what did YOU do this past weekend?

Best of weeks to you all.
    Thanks & Happy Wood Chips,
    Dennis -
    Get the Benefits of Being an SMC Contributor..!
    ....DEBT is nothing more than yesterday's spending taken from tomorrow's income.

Nothin...daughter had pen turning class at Woodcraft Saturday morning. Wife and I dropped her off there and went to look at school uniform stuff, then back to get her and more uniform and school supply shopping until early evening...long, long day. Then daughter had to pack for a Girl Scout trip she leaves on this morning. Got up Sunday and everyone did a good 4-5 hours of yard work, then we headed to my parents' for dinner.

Good news is daughter will be out of town, wife probably has to work late several nights this week, I don't think I will, there are no pressing house/yard work and its supposed to rain for a couple days so my #1 priority is to get started on my parents' bath and laundry cabinets. Really want to see them done and installed for Thanksgiving.
    Last edited by Matt Meiser; 08-12-2013 at 8:25 AM.

Two large raised panel cabinet doors and a face frame. That's pretty much it. But that's a fair amount of work given my kit of tools.

I enjoyed a rare weekend off. We took the kids and my parents out on the pontoon and floated in a cove a let all thought drift away. Took measurements yesterday for a new State Farm Ins office that's getting a 10' - 3 different level front desk and 8' of kitchenette cabinets. That will be a fun little project. After getting home, we found our power was out (August thunderstorms in Southern Arkansas?), so we sweated that out for a couple hours.

Now it's back to the rat race.

Typical weekend here...equestrian stuff on both Saturday and Sunday; lawn mowing...eating. No woodworking, but I'm hoping the change that soon. Life is so busy...two birthdays this month as my daughters turn 18 and 14, too.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Watched a lot of TV in my comfy chair. My back (chronic issues there) decided it had had enough ladder-work for a while and let me know Saturday morning it was taking the weekend off. I did limb-up a tree in front of the house before jumping on the ladder but that was it. Hopefully, things are better next weekend because the garage makeover is behind schedule...
    Brian

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger or more complicated...it takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction." - E.F. Schumacher

A great deal of nothing. Which is exactly how I like my weekends to be. I did however get going on a peppermill I'm making out of padauk. I have the bottom almost 'done' but now that I study it, I'm not happy with the shape. I'm going to change the profile on it, then get going on the top.

Mowed the grass on Saturday afternoon. Between rain showers, that is. I'm looking to upgrade to a zero turn model. My 25 year old Sears will be up for sale soon, I think. Worked a community day supper Sat. evening as well. Great time and fireworks Sunday evening to cap off the event. Fantastic fundraiser and great support. Monday evening here now. Spent today shopping in Calais, Maine with daughter, mother in law and bampie's favorite grand-son. Only one so far. Next arrival due in Nov. Greg

No woodworking for several weeks now. I have been helping the oldest son gut and remodel a bathroom in his home.

Friday we textured the bathroom and Sunday we painted it with primer.

He called today to say he painted it so tomorrow I will go install the shower head, tub spout and the valve handles, reinstall the toilet tank and install a new faucet on the sink.
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....