Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Such a bonehead mistake I had to start a new thread for it...

Well, I have the bits I currently need for my next couple projects... Last night I was going to route for a battery box in a guitar for a customer when I suddenly realized one of the other items that I threw away...

My Festool OF-1400 collets. Fortunately I had the 1/2" collet in the chuck at the time. However, the 1/4" and the 8mm did not fare as well. I've never used the 8mm so no biggie. No plans to replace it now. I had to order a new 1/4" from Amazon. Not available for prime though. Bummer!!! $60!!!!!!!! Now I have to wait an undisclosed amount of time...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Thanx,

shotgunn

-----------------

More is DEFINITELY more!!!

All? I'm so sorry for you. I tremble when I think of the aggregate sum my bits come to. Big money. Big. Money.

All of my bits reside in slide out shelves in my router table's base. Alternate collets for non-Festool routers are in one of the drawers of a parts bin. Festool collets are in the systainer for the router they go with.

Actually, easy stuff to lose since they're small.
    Last edited by John Piwaron; 08-13-2013 at 9:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Dunn View Post
    Well, I have the bits I currently need for my next couple projects...
    I wonder why they dont punch the foam out farther towards the edge? You have to carry around that steamer trunk to handle 40 1/2" shank bits? Seems like an awful waste? You can see room for perhaps another 30 or so 1/2" shank bits in there.

Weird that whom ever would unload a sealed amazon box that weighed a-lot... heh, a doozy for sure.

Sounds like a "slow down" moment.

To clarify, if this is what you were under impression of, the box I threw out was not sealed. It was opened and used for storage temporarily. I foolishly put other empty boxes to be recycled on top of this particular box and then 'recycled' them all.
    Thanx,

shotgunn

-----------------

More is DEFINITELY more!!!

"D'oh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...