Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Flaming!!!

1. Quote Originally Posted by Dan Hintz View Post
    I just keep staring at that slice... and salivating...
    yep...........I did not get that slice....I was also salivating, Dan..........it went to a guy named Norm Reid.........he wanted it for a table top......he guarded it, and we loaded it on his truck with other pieces. This was a big tree.......we got two pickup loads, two trailer loads out of this one! The two pickup loads were going to the individuals who came to get wood for their own use...........
    Remember, in a moments time, everything can change!

Vision - not just seeing what is, but seeing what can be!

What a great looking tree. I am looking forward to see some turned.

Nice haul Roger!
    "If it is wood, I will turn it."
    vor-tex: any activity, situation, or way of life regarded as irresistibly engulfing.

Congratulations-that's about as pretty as it comes. Watch out for the great battle--cracking vs. black mildew--although it can be called spalting of course.

Blog Entries
    Now that is an awesome save! Glad you caught it in time. Now you make sure you have yourself a good time turning that stuff!
    Have a Nice Day!

DROOL... required: YOU SUCK! You are a lucky lucky man... wish people just tossed that stuff out around here! What size bar you running on that thar saw? I just got me a stihl MS441C.
    “I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination. Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world.” ~ Albert Einstein

What a magnificent sight, I can only imagine how many turners are
    drooling over such a gain for you and your mates.

Look forward to seeing some results in due course.
    My wife and I had words, but I didn't get to use mine.

Rick, I found an MS650 with a 36" bar on CL. Yeah, I had to go pick it up...
    I drink, therefore I am.

Awesome flames Roger! That's gonna produce some knockout pieces. Looking forward to seeing some of yours. I suspect it's gonna be a lot more forgiving to turn than the SJPT wood.
    Laugh at least once daily, even if at yourself!

10. Quote Originally Posted by Rick Markham View Post
    DROOL... required: YOU SUCK! You are a lucky lucky man... wish people just tossed that stuff out around here! What size bar you running on that thar saw? I just got me a stihl MS441C.
    I am using a 28" currently on this Husky xp390........thought about a 36" but I am not getting any younger! This saw will easily pull a 36" if I need it in the future.

11. Quote Originally Posted by Tim Rinehart View Post
    Awesome flames Roger! That's gonna produce some knockout pieces. Looking forward to seeing some of yours. I suspect it's gonna be a lot more forgiving to turn than the SJPT wood.

I certainly hope it is easier than the SJPT wood, Tim!

12. You hit a home run there. Can't wait to see what you make with it. Michael.

I'd sell every stick of that as fast as you can. Folks will pay big bucks for the color, and then in 5 years all their work will be a dull salmon color unless they keep it in a closet. Best color pen I ever turned, came from some stock just like this. I gave it to my son for a work promotion gift. 5 years latter it looks nothing like what I gave him. Dull and lifeless color now.

Great haul of pretty wood Roger. Should make some stunning turnings in the short term.

15. Quote Originally Posted by Richard Coers View Post
    I'd sell every stick of that as fast as you can. Folks will pay big bucks for the color, and then in 5 years all their work will be a dull salmon color unless they keep it in a closet. Best color pen I ever turned, came from some stock just like this. I gave it to my son for a work promotion gift. 5 years latter it looks nothing like what I gave him. Dull and lifeless color now.
    Thanks for the suggestion Richard.......I am more interested in the members of our club getting this than making money off of it!