Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Flaming!!!

Flaming!!!

We saved this wood from the firewood pile today....................can you believe it........it was really going to be burned?!!!

Check out the flame in this box elder maple............I have seen pics of some with similar flame figure, but never personally seen anything close to this one!!! A few of our club members showed up in Winchester, Va. to rescue this damsel in distress..........glad we did!

You can see that my big saw and my wood hauler rig worked out very well! I have a feeling we really did overload that thing!

Box elder cut & haul day 010.jpgBox elder cut & haul day 004.jpgBox elder cut & haul day 006.jpgBox elder cut & haul day 014.jpg
    Remember, in a moments time, everything can change!

Vision - not just seeing what is, but seeing what can be!

I just wet in my pants. That is the best of the best, and so much of it. Can't wait to see some finished pieces. Also nice saw. Thanks for the look.
    Member Illiana Woodturners

green (or pink as the case may be) with envy..very very green
    Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the ground each morning, the devil says, "oh crap she's up!"

Tolerance is giving every other human being every right that you claim for yourself.

"What is man without the beasts? If all the beasts are gone, men would die from great loneliness of spirit. For whatever happens to the beasts will happen to man. All things are connected. " Chief Seattle Duwamish Tribe

nice find and haul, looking good

Nice score!
    Sawdust is some of the best learning material!

Looks like a great haul of FBE, Roger.
    Last edited by John Keeton; 08-06-2013 at 7:06 PM.
    I drink, therefore I am.

WOW that is absolutely amazing. I'm veryyyyyyyyyyyy jealous. Can't wait to see all of the neat turnings that come out of that haul.

Mike.......we cut it for club members......although I do have an entire trailer load .........but a lot of it will go back to the club in a few days......they had to make room for it, so it is on my trailer for now. I get first pick of anything I want.......my efforts were certainly a major contributor in labor and equipment for sure!
    Last edited by John Keeton; 08-06-2013 at 7:09 PM.

Can I join your club? Huh huh can I huh?!
    Brian

Sawdust Formation Engineer
    in charge of Blade Dulling

Roger, you DESERVE the pic of the litter! Cutting that stuff up is hard work. Granted, for the beginning of August it SHOULD have been 95 and humid while you were cutting that up...not 75 and somewhat humid. But it is a lot of work. AND your work isn't over. That stuff needs to be sealed or it will crack and be useless. Cutting is only part of the chore. And with that whole load, I don't envy you! Get the goodest () stuff, drop off the rest, and make somethin' purdy!
    I drink, therefore I am.

11. Quote Originally Posted by Mike Cruz View Post
    Roger, you DESERVE the pic of the litter! Cutting that stuff up is hard work. Granted, for the beginning of August it SHOULD have been 95 and humid while you were cutting that up...not 75 and somewhat humid. But it is a lot of work. AND your work isn't over. That stuff needs to be sealed or it will crack and be useless. Cutting is only part of the chore. And with that whole load, I don't envy you! Get the goodest () stuff, drop off the rest, and make somethin' purdy!
    That is the general plan Mike! I parked the trailer under the shade this afternoon.......covered it over with a tarp and will try to get a few pieces processed and sealed for my stash tomorrow morning early........the other club members can fight over the rest!

12. Quote Originally Posted by Brian Brown View Post
    Can I join your club? Huh huh can I huh?!
    Wish you were nearer, Brian! You would have a blast!

What a haul Roger, have fun turning

Wow that is a haul Roger. Good looking wood.
    Bernie

Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow.

To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Chandler View Post
    I just keep staring at that slice... and salivating...
    Hi-Tec Designs, LLC -- Owner (and self-proclaimed LED guru )

Trotec 80W Speedy 300 laser w/everything
    CAMaster Stinger CNC (25" x 36" x 5")
    USCutter 24" LaserPoint Vinyl Cutter
    Jet JWBS-18QT-3 18", 3HP bandsaw
    Robust Beauty 25"x52" wood lathe w/everything
    Jet BD-920W 9"x20" metal lathe
    Delta 18-900L 18" drill press

Flame Polisher (ooooh, FIRE!)
    Freeware: InkScape, Paint.NET, DoubleCAD XT
    Paidware: Wacom Intuos4 (Large), CorelDRAW X5