Thread: Whew, finally done

Red face Whew, finally done

These are the bowls and vases I have turned for this years Art In The Park show. This is an annual show that happens locally each year on the last Friday and Saturday in July. It is the only place I ever sell my work, as I have no desire to pack things up and travel. It is usually brutally a hot couple of days, but all in all enjoyable to run into old friends and acquaintances, besides that if I didn't sell a few occasionally what would I do with all of these things. We have a small house, so they certainly won't fit here, and I think my family is getting tired of bowls every Christmas I just like to turn these things, keeps me busy, and out of my wife's hair, and if I sell some it helps to feed my wood, glass, and rock addiction. Most of these blanks came from our good friend Jeff Nicol, which reminds me Jeff, I am about out of wood!
    Attached Images Attached Images

I sense a pattern of covered dishes! Looks good! Hope you make some moooooolah !

Colorful work. I am pretty much in the same situation.
    C&C WELCOME

Nice collection, hope they sell well!

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Bell View Post
    We have a small house, so they certainly won't fit here, and I think my family is getting tired of bowls every Christmas I just like to turn these things, keeps me busy, and out of my wife's hair, and if I sell some it helps to feed my wood, glass, and rock addiction.
    I haven't run out of friends/neighbors/family to give them to yet, but I suspect that at some point they'll end up like the zucchini of woodworking where I'll have to sneak up to peoples porches and drop off bags of them in the middle of the night. Luckily? my current output is severely limited by a lack of free time

A very nice selection of vessels. Question: Lids look to be acrylic or similar, what are they made from.
    BTW I am doing the same thing trying to get ready for a one day show the middle of August.

"The best things in life are not things."

Quote Originally Posted by James Combs View Post
    A very nice selection of vessels. Question: Lids look to be acrylic or similar, what are they made from.
    BTW I am doing the same thing trying to get ready for a one day show the middle of August.
    JD, Ray can comment, but I will add that he has a history of doing some very artistic fused glass, and I suspect that most of the fine work you see is that.

Thanks folks for the nice comments, and James, Mr. Keeton is correct. These al
    re all fused glass lids.

Great job Ray. If there are not too many customers in line, I'll stop by and say hello. Do you need any help getting these treasures down to the park? I'll be glad to help.

Thank you for the offer Bill, we went through the agonizing process of pricing tonight, so the tough job is done. I'll call if we need anything.

Ray,
    Nice pile of work/play. It struck me that you are in Washington and here in Colorado a friend of mine does the fused glass lids also. Goes to show that people have the same type of ideas as others. Hope you have a good show.

Ray that is a great looking bunch. Well done.
    Bernie

Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow.

To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

Great assortment of wonderful pieces, Ray. You have really been productive! I wish you the best with your show. Good Luck and good sales!!

Ray, You sure have been a busy bee, and you should be able to find some good folks to purchase a bunch of them from you! I have been busy doing the same old thing, cutting wood, welding stuff and oh yea a couple of weeks ago I cooked a whole hog on my latest creation a hog roaster!

Hope the weather is perfect and the patrons have deep pockets, great work and good luck my freind,

Jeff
    To turn or not to turn that is the question: ........Of course the answer is...........TURN ,TURN,TURN!!!!
    Anyone "Fool" can know, The important thing is to Understand................Albert Einstein
    To follow blindly, is to never become a leader............................................ .....Unknown