Thread: looking for good quiet blower for decent $ for Red Sail x700 laser cutter

looking for good quiet blower for decent $ for Red Sail x700 laser cutter

Im looking for a quiet blower that does the job for a decent price for Red Sail x700 Laser cutter. I live in a residential area so it has to be quiet enoughit wont bothermy neighbors if I run it late at night. Also, I cut acrylic 30% of the time out of 40hrs/week. Any suggestions?

I picked up a squirrel cage fan at a yard sale. It is quiet enough that I have to put
    my hand on it to make sure it is running. (sometimes I step on the cord and it
    comes out)
    I just looked and it is a NuTone QT500 .. but I looked online and the motor is $225.
    That didn't include the squirrel cage. Sheesh .. I got it for $5, I think

I got it for $5, I think
    Difference between a sustainable business model price and price of beer for an individual clearing out "junk" that they can't bring themselves to throw out or give away...

hi there I am using a 6 inch inline fan from hydrophonic like this one http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-MTN-Gear...item2a2ef4d1be its very quite to the outside greetings waltfl

Quote Originally Posted by Glen Monaghan View Post
    Difference between a sustainable business model price and price of beer for an individual clearing out "junk" that they can't bring themselves to throw out or give away...
    True.. wasn't till I looked it up that I knew how much it cost. But I assumed it wasn't much, since
    it went to cheap at the yard sale.

But if I had to pay retail and had a choice between this unit and the Harbor Fright, I'd still
    go with this one. It moves air fast enough that smoke doesn't linger, and the dust collector
    was so loud that you couldn't carry on a conversation in the same room. (not to mention
    replacing brushes constantly) I'd go with this again in a heartbeat.

From my experience it is not good idea to estimate noise level for a blower without it connected to the whole system.
    When I got my 2.5HP blower that's used with a 280W laser I was not happy with 85db noise it was making. I started thinking how to install it outside to reduce noise in my workshop. I am glad I have not done anything about moving it outside. It was just so hard to do so I gave up. It uses 8" hose and I need to make a hole that big in a brick wall. Not an easy task especially when it is double brick wall.
    So it is installed inside now but surprisingly when it is connected with all hoses it produces only 68db of noise.