Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bent my arbor wrench G1023

I used to employ a piece of scrap for tightening or loosening a blade on my old Crapsman contractor's saw, but I like the two-wrench method of my BT3K more.

Here, this may help in the future:

Another way to ensure the nut doesn't come loose is to weld everything together to the arbor, but that's not recommended, as it might warp the blade plate.
    Last edited by Jacob Reverb; 07-17-2013 at 4:43 PM.

My 1023SLX came with two wrenches, an open-end wrench for the flat on the arbor shaft and a box-end wrench for the arbor nut. I, too, haven't figured out what the large end of the box-end wrench fits. I also bent the open-end wrench jaws. The wrenches are merely stamped steel and those open-end jaws will spread apart pretty easily. I give the arbor nut an additional 1/4 turn after hand tightening.
    Cody

Logmaster LM-1 sawmill, 30 hp Kioti tractor w/ FEL, Stihl 290 chainsaw, 300 bf cap. Solar Kiln

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick Moyer View Post
    My 0691 came with two wrenches, four sizes. I have never used the other two sizes yet but the arbor itself is 24mm and the nut is 27mm. The arbor has two flat sides for the wrench. I would rather use the wrench than hold a sharp blade, rag or glove notwithstanding.
    My opinion is that using the 2 wrenches too easily allows for over tightening. By using a rag to hold the blade it is next to impossible to over tighten. I guess since I lost my other wrench, that's about my only option anyway (short of spending money on something I didn't know I needed in the first place)
    Last edited by Larry Browning; 07-17-2013 at 6:02 PM.
    Larry J Browning
    There are 10 kinds of people in this world; Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Cody Colston View Post
    My 1023SLX came with two wrenches, an open-end wrench for the flat on the arbor shaft and a box-end wrench for the arbor nut. I, too, haven't figured out what the large end of the box-end wrench fits. I also bent the open-end wrench jaws. The wrenches are merely stamped steel and those open-end jaws will spread apart pretty easily. I give the arbor nut an additional 1/4 turn after hand tightening.
    the problem is that you tighten them too-tight with your hand, DO they made a torque wrench for saws ?

Quote Originally Posted by ray hampton View Post
    the problem is that you tighten them too-tight with your hand, DO they made a torque wrench for saws ?

Well, nobody makes one accurate to .00001 Angstrom-nanonewtons yet, but I hear the people who make $300 framing squares are working on it!

Maybe the fact that the OEM wrench is made of 32-gauge pot metal is a clue that you're not supposed to put a 14-foot breaker bar on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Siegrist View Post
    Does anyone know what size the arbor wrench is for a G1023 tablesaw? I bent the open ended wrench for the shaft.

Thanks,
    Shawn
    Been there, done that while replacing the arbor shaft. I just ordered a new one from Grizzly and had it 2-days later.