Thread: Installing Lasercut 5.3 on a new laptop

Installing Lasercut 5.3 on a new laptop

Hello All, long time since Ive been on. I have searched without getting a definitive & successful answer but Ive installed Lasercut 5.3 that i got as a DL from Weike - Emily ( TY Emily ) Im getting a firmware error and the file will not download after I compute it. Everything runs fine on a very old xp laptop but I'd like to replace that with a newer Vista machine - Is there a simple way to achieve this? When I installed LC 5.3 it was a Chinese window UI so Id no idea what I was doing other than hitting what I thought was the Yes window - TIA Dubliner
    Last edited by Neville Stewart; 07-07-2013 at 12:25 PM.
    355 - 10400 : )

not even a suggestion...

Neville

Forgive this answer but I suggest you do what I did with my Vista laptop. Throw it in the trash!
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt
    Gravograph IS400
    Woodworking shop CLTT and Laser Sublimation
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Null View Post
    Neville

Forgive this answer but I suggest you do what I did with my Vista laptop. Throw it in the trash!
    Vista is no doubt the worse OS. Convert it over to Windows 7 for a smoother run. My Gateway laptop was Vista, the first to be exact...now with Windows 7 Ultimate, 4 gigs of RAM, and 500GB 7200rpm HDD, still kicking. Vista blocks a lot of programs from installing correctly.
    Last edited by Talley Boatwright; 07-09-2013 at 8:40 AM. Reason: adding

That's hilarious and sadly true Mike and Tally, thanks for responding. N

With Vista I would go either back or forward XP or Windows 7 I tried windows 8 and didn't like it.