Thread: Uneven table legs?

Uneven table legs?

I finishing up a small table and get some rocking on two diagonally opposed legs. What's the best way to even things out? I seem to recall a tip about using psa sandpaper on a table saw for the long legs, but I'm wondering if that's the best approach. The table will go on carpet so the small amount of wobble really won't matter, but I'd like to get it right from the start. TIA, Tony
    Tony

I place thick 1/8" felt pads on the end of the legs to prevent rattles. A dab of epoxy holds it forever. You can trim this with a razor blade to eliminate small amounts of wobble. A plus (not in your case), is that you can trim this in place to make up for an uneven floor.

I will measure

and cut or sand the longest leg or legs. I do this by putting the table on a level surface, and shiming the legs until the top is level. Then I will measure up from the floor or surface that the table is sitting on, and wrap tape around all the legs, and mark all the legs the same height with a sharp pencil. Then I will turn the table upside down and measure to the mark to see how much and which legs need adjusting.
    Jim Fuller Lineville, Al

You can also purchase adjustable leg hardware that attaches to the bottom of each leg. There are many styles and types. I suggest looking at a good hardware cataloge.
    Jim Stastny ~ Damascus, Maryland
    A poor workman blames his tools