Thread: Child's Puzzle Rocker

Child's Puzzle Rocker

This Is for my Grandson Nolen.

I found some plans listed by; Skip Weiser on this site for a child's puzzle rocker and used them.

Materials 3/4 Baltic birch plywood, 3 cans of Rustoleum Acrylic, which I hated using , it took forever to get an even coat. Then printed out some decals.

My daughter & son-in-law live here in Arkansas but are Florida state fans

IMG_0722.jpg IMG_0723.jpg IMG_0725.jpg
    Last edited by Floyd Cox; 06-29-2013 at 6:45 AM.

Blog Entries
    Well done Floyd. It is a joy to use our skills for our loved ones.
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

That is wild! I hope you have inscribed and dated it.

Floyd, I love it! How detailed are the plans? Could they be converted to digital?
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Here is the plans I came up with for 3/4 material, if you would like the full size drawing, send me a message with email and I will forward it to you in a zip file.

I had it printed at Staples came out great just be sure to let them know the finished print size is to be 24x48 and take a measurement on one of the dimensions before you leave.

enjoy

childs chair GOOD grid.jpg
    Last edited by Floyd Cox; 06-30-2013 at 7:46 AM.

here are the plans for the puzzle chairs I have made

http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthre...ighlight=chair

Floyd
    I'm new to the forum, just found an old thread on a childrens puzzle chair; you mentioned you could send a full size drawing, if you still have that I would appreciate it;
    wdmilkie@gmail.com

thanks

William Milkie
    Quote Originally Posted by Floyd Cox View Post
    Here is the plans I came up with for 3/4 material, if you would like the full size drawing, send me a message with email and I will forward it to you in a zip file.

I had it printed at Staples came out great just be sure to let them know the finished print size is to be 24x48 and take a measurement on one of the dimensions before you leave.

enjoy

childs chair GOOD grid.jpg

8. Floyd Cox I just saw your post about the puzzle rocking chair and if it is still available I would like a copy of the plans or anyone else that has plans that would send them I would greatly appreciate it. I have been seeing the plans but most of them are for smaller kids and have been trying to figure out how to increase the size for kids a few years older to have a choice of chairs.
    Thank You
    Thomas Hathorn
    thomas@pldi.net

Mike,
    I am interested in your puzzle chair and a template for it. This might be a good project for my first great-granddaughter. I built chairs once before, but without any plans. When I do that I usually overcompensate and overbuild things that would survive an atomic attack. Yours looks much simpler and sleeker.

I live in the Tri-County area. What part of Cincinnati do you live in? I could save you postage on the template and maybe get a chance to look at the real thing, too, if I could stop by and see you. Let me know the possibilities.

I tried to send you a pm but it was rejected, saying you could not receive pms. Let me know if you have an email address and I will share mine with you. In the mean time I don't want to post mine for all the world to see.

Thanks,
    Al Heitz