Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bummer - Price increase

gonna make my used 3520 just that much more valuable when i go to sell it and buy my SERIOUS LATHE

You can always look for a used one if you are not in a big hurry. However like Allen said, used ones might be higher as well with no warranty. I would be willing to take my chances with a used one.

I talked to the lady in charge at the Powermatic/jet booth in Tampa today. She confirmed NO price increase. I showed her the CPOpowermatic website and said its incorrect. There is no price increase on Powermatic tools this year.

Jason

Here's hoping she was right, Jason. We can watch for it tomorrow.
    Veni Vidi Vendi Vente! I came, I saw, I bought a large coffee!

cpopowermatic has removed its warning of a price increase today, along with the "order today to lock in the current price" message. I just wrote to them to ask for an explanation of the previous message. I'll post their answer here. Glad the price did not increase, but I want them to be accountable if this was a manipulative warning.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Kent View Post
    [snip]Glad the price did not increase, but I want them to be accountable if this was a manipulative warning.
    Now Brian, aren't you being a tad cynical?

Actually, demand-sensitive pricing is fundamental to our market economy. Given how popular and well regarded the 3520B seems to be on this board and others, I would expect the price to tick up from time to time simply as a result of good business management.

David

Quote Originally Posted by David C. Roseman View Post
    Now Brian, aren't you being a tad cynical?
    Yes, David, I confess.

That ploy is uses so much it's really bothersome. Sort of like stores posting an item as being 60% off sale, and the next week it's selling at the exact same price (sometimes lower). They hold the innate desire to get a deal on something that they will outright lie to fool us. I'm with Brian and say that companies should be held accountable for what they advertise.

I paid $2100 (+ free shipping) for my new 3520b in 2008. At that time, the Robust American Beauty and the Oneway 2436 were about twice the price. Now, they're only 50% more. I'd probably buy the Robust now.

But realistically, I don't think I could afford it.

When did lathes of this size start costing more than a 3hp cabinet saw? I don't get it.
    Where did I put that tape measure...