Thread: Moving Into Rebuilt Shop

Moving Into Rebuilt Shop

It has been a long time coming, but I am finally moving into to my rebuild shop. When we moved in 4 years ago it was just a rodent infested shell that a long time prior owner used as a mechanic shop. It had some good points once you got through the dirt, grime, and rodent residue. Here is what I started with, it was 25' by 20' with almost 11' ceiling, concrete floor, a fully separate 200 amp electrical meter, an I-beam in the ceiling (for pulling engines I guess), a bunch of 3/4" copper air lines.

Here is what I did. Lucky the rodents had moved out by the time we moved in, but removing insulation and clean up was a chore, let it air out for a couple of years (two small kids takes a lot at time).
    New 10' by 9' 3'' roll up door, new 36" entry door, bigger window, house wrap and new siding & trim, new electrical with a bunch of 120V and 240V outlets (did not ever want to open the walls again), 2 2400W heaters, R-15 in the walls, R-30 in the ceiling, OSB walls & paint, a bunch of lighting (30 4' T8 bulbs) based on the info found here, and finally epoxy floor paint (unfortunately the grays did not match between the 3 cans).

Now the real fun begins, finish trim, storage, and moving stuff around an infinite number of times.

Here are some pics of the move in.2013-06-25 14.39.31.jpg2013-06-25 14.53.23.jpg2013-06-25 15.04.45.jpg2013-06-25 15.07.04.jpg2013-06-25 15.07.30.jpg2013-06-25 15.13.08.jpg

I dare say that most of us would love to have a hoist like that in our shops...
    "It's Not About You."

Yes, something that I would have never though of putting in, but I am so glad it is there.

Oh man. I could have really used that hoist a couple of weeks ago when assembling my table saw. Great looking shop.

Very nice. That overhead lift is priceless!
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Man what I would give to have a shop like that. Very nice and the lift is awesome.
    Best Regards,

Gordon

+1 for the lift. I remember using an engine hoist to put the bandsaw and drill press on their mobile base...it was not balanced well and scary. The overhead lift with the load leveler would have been much better!