Thread: Spiced Tea

1. Spiced Tea

Here is another teapot I turned and Cynthia pyro engraved. Made from Pear, 9” wide 6 ¼” high.
    Comments always welcomed. Michael.

Spiced Tea.jpg

You seem to turn a lot of pear. Is that because it makes a good pyrography canvas? BTW beautiful as usual, hope to make Cynthia's sessions in Tampa.
    Retired - when every day is Saturday (unless it's Sunday).

I think the addition of color has taken these to the pinnacle..gorgeous pyro, Cynthia.. The handle is totally outside your normal, Michael. I will have to digest this one..it's pretty cool
    Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the ground each morning, the devil says, "oh crap she's up!"

Tolerance is giving every other human being every right that you claim for yourself.

"What is man without the beasts? If all the beasts are gone, men would die from great loneliness of spirit. For whatever happens to the beasts will happen to man. All things are connected. " Chief Seattle Duwamish Tribe

4. You must have an unlimited supply of Bradford Pear............seems like the stuff wants to crack easily........at least the pieces I have done seem that way........perhaps two out of ten do not.

Another finely crafted and exquisitely embellished piece.........this style with the handle is neat........I still like the other style better with the traditional handle on it, but the addition of color just makes it pop.............very nicely done!!! Congratulations to you both on another fine piece!
    Remember, in a moments time, everything can change!

Vision - not just seeing what is, but seeing what can be!

Way outside the box from your usual work...Gallery piece, like the others
    Your Respiratory Therapist wears combat boots

6. Quote Originally Posted by Thom Sturgill View Post
    You seem to turn a lot of pear. Is that because it makes a good pyrography canvas? BTW beautiful as usual, hope to make Cynthia's sessions in Tampa.
    Thom, I use Pear because the boss says so, it is her favorite wood to burn on with its tight grain. Michael.

Sure makes me look forward to OVWG!!! Sweet!

That is a work of art. Very nice.
    Do or do not, there is no try.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Roger Chandler View Post
    You must have an unlimited supply of Bradford Pear............seems like the stuff wants to crack easily........at least the pieces I have done seem that way........perhaps two out of ten do not.

Another finely crafted and exquisitely embellished piece.........this style with the handle is neat........I still like the other style better with the traditional handle on it, but the addition of color just makes it pop.............very nicely done!!! Congratulations to you both on another fine piece!
    Roger,
    Don't have an unlimited supply, have very good friends who keep their eye out for us, we have had some logs so big you would never believe from the size that they were Pear You have to take care of Pear or it will crack on you. Michael

Beautiful. Stimulating design for the handle. What kind of lighting do you use to get such uniform light?

11. Quote Originally Posted by Jim Underwood View Post
    Beautiful. Stimulating design for the handle. What kind of lighting do you use to get such uniform light?
    Thanks Jim,
    I use Alzo Fluorescent Photo bulbs. Michael.